Monday, March 06, 2006

To my dearest Friend

Hi! You probably won't get to read this,  but I'm writing anyway.  I have a headache, but it doesn't keep me from wanting to say all that needs to be said.


Exactly one year ago, or almost...you disappeared.  You totally, totally disappeared from my life. Not just mine, but seemingly from everyone's...your other "friends". We don't know why. Well, maybe we do a bit, but how come you didn't even leave a word? No goodbyes, no messages. Nothing.  You disappeared like a bubble.  Gone.


This left me feeling angry and sad.  But as I think about it, my anger probably rooted from selfishness.  I guess my thoughts were just too focused on myself, on what kind of a friend I have been.  I was sad and angry because maybe I wasn't a good enough friend for you.  I thought I could help but I fell short. And I thought we both will live up to our promise of being "angels" looking out for each other. After all that's what both our full names say. Thinking of that is damn too selfish, ain't it?  I should weep for you and not for myself.  I should weep not for me being deserted or for losing a friend and a shoulder to cry on, but for you who is fighting your own battle out there.  It's probably tough.


Wherever you are, I hope you are doing alright...or even better. I may be happy with my life, but it doesn't mean we can't be friends if you are unhappy with yours.   I always pray that you will find the same blessings I found, and that you will finally discover the grand design that God has prepared for you.  There's always one for each one of us. Maybe this is part of your design. Walk further and go for it! And when you are ready to come back to the world... and to our friendship, I'm still here for you. Just waiting. I don't break my promises.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails