Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My First Hate Mail

        Not a lot of things pretty much shock or frustrate me to death. I've seen people cry and I've seen people die. Ofcourse, these things move me. I grieve and I cry like anyone. But somewhere deep down inside always lies a kind of resignation that gives me peace in my heart no matter what. So I was completely stunned at myself when, for once in my life, I was restless. I got my first hate mail.





        And the most shocking thing is...I got it for writing down good things in this Friendster Blog. So I sang to myself "Tell...me...where did...I...go...wrong? (do you know that song...hehehe). So in a nutshell, someone apparently thought I was aiming the bullet at her. I was talking about my own happiness (Check out the Blog: Dream Come True). It's about the gains I got for helping out someone in her wedding ---who happens to be the hate-mail-author's friend..or ex-friend...whatever. She thought I was talking about my own joys to spite her (because she chose to stay out of the wedding).  When did my happiness ever come to be about someone else's sourness? (Lynn V...I know you're out there reading this.  Isn't this an exemplar of your comment in my "My Birthday Thoughts" blog?) So again, please sing with me "Tell...me...where did...I...go...wrong? (harharhar again, well, at least please laugh with me!).  *SIGH* Okay, so I wrote back.  Usually, common sense and good breeding keep me from stooping down that low. But, I am a firm believer of fairness and justice. And so I didn't take it sitting down (I'm so disappointed at myself...but well, sh*t happens...)





        I also told my wise friend about it. She said, "Aren't you happy? You're having an audience in your Friendster Blog!  Isn't that one of your dreams? To be able to inspire a lot of people about little things, like what Mr. Fulghum does?" But this one sure didn't seem "inspired", honey (and if I were to play with my words...I must say...this one sounded like she's "expired"!).  My friend said..."You don't get the point, sweetie.  That means you're able to reach inside the hearts of a lot of people." (Well, yes, I know there are people who tell me they read me, and most of the time they have encouraging remarks).  She said, good-natured reactions represent only a section of the population, just one half of the people. It's the anti-thesis that completes the picture.  Ergo, if you get just one negative reaction, you know you've made it. That's a lot of reach!  Wow, so I have both now.  The Yin and the Yang...the sweet and the sour...the good and the bad people...the positive and the negative.  That completes me. Plus, we really can't please everyone. It all makes sense. 





PS. For the record, and contrary to the accusation....I never ever write my blogs on purpose to negatively aim at someone. I'm also a strong believer of honesty and integrity. So, honestly, if there really is one blog that even comes close to it ...it would be this one.  Hi there! I hope you're not suffering from hypertension, because here, I'm sipping my coffee...restless no more ;o)















1 comment:

MIKEnCINDY said...

Hello Teacher C! Surprised? Well, just wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your posts. You are a very good writer. Do keep them coming…. Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails