Monday, March 13, 2006

If symptoms persist...Do not consult your Google

I have not been feeling perfectly well since I came back from the North. Is it the food? Maybe it's just over-fatigue. I have been staying up extra late these days to do this email coordination task for our upcoming trip to Rome (don't you guys ever wonder why I seem to have plenty of time doing my blogs online, hehehe). I'm actually very busy and it’s just that thinking out loud happens to be one of my favorite stress relievers. So I type away, while the printer prints away! With very little energy I have right now (from sleepless nights, to those freaking diet rules, and having missed the gymn for eons), the only thing that drives me now is that, finally I am going to see the rest of my mom’s family again. And ofcourse do some kind of honeymooning with hubby in between Vatican ceremonies and big family reunions. But I'm feeling pretty sick actually...I mean literally. After a one week bout with tonsilitis, I felt a lump on my neck – the doctor said it’s just some lymph nodes reacting to my throat infection so he gave me Antibiotics --- super strong-broad spectrum kind…and then I developed this weird allergy to the metabolized form of this medication (whatever my cousin meant with that!), I felt tingles all over my face...I got totally scared that I forced the doctor to look me up three more times and all he said was “Relax, it’s nothing!”…and so to shut me up, he made me undergo a battery of blood tests that includes ruling out tumors, even leukemia and the like! Duh!... Duh ME...! They yielded normal results except for saying…slightly elevated euno-something…euno what? Because I think I have irritated my doctor, I felt so embarrassed to bombard him with questions again…so I consulted the most handy source of information these days…the internet. I googled it and lo and behold! It says the case is associated with some kinds of “out-of-this-world”-termed illnesses they might as well be written in French! Cystic-supercalifragelistic-ish diseases. That scared the hell out of me even more. So I had no choice but to run back to the doctor’s clinic. He said “This is what happens when you read too much, react too much and jump into conclusions. You're not gonna die. Your blood results only mean that you have allergies”. I wanted to say “But…” then decided to listen. Allergy it is then! I rest my case. Whew!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails