Thursday, February 07, 2008

He watched me by the glass window

         Sounds like a deep title, doesn’t it? Not really, but I thought it would be cute to remember last night with.





          When I came home from hula class, hubby said he saw me dancing. I didn’t believe it until he told me little details. Turns out he picked up our dinner from the Mexican Taqueria next door to the dance studio. Curious faces would occasionally turn up on the other side of the glass window to try to peep into what we’re doing.  Last night, I saw a few passing faces and it turns out his was one of those I didn’t catch. He saw me enjoying one of my favorite things, he saw me doing my best, he witnessed me being “me” in a different place outside his world. And I didn’t have a clue that he was watching all the while. I know I made him proud.  One time, he said he likes to call my direct line at work to listen to my voice message. It was “me” at work, doing something I’m good at and shining in a different world. And the best part? Me saying my name with his last name, affirming that I am his.





He came back home and simply waited until my class was over. I recall one of my old friends telling me before I got married, “save and keep a lot of good memories about your relationship, these will anchor your ship firmly during --heaven forbid!-- stormy seas.” 





Last night will be one of those.















(written: 02/06/08)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails