Thursday, February 21, 2008

Amazing "Rays"

The first turn I make on the way home from work gets me driving into the sunset everyday. It's always an amazing view by the bay...San Francisco skyline on my right, hills on my left, infinity up ahead, the water uniting all these and of course, the setting sun.



Today, I think I saw one of the most amazing things! It had been cold, gray and occasionally raining today. Picture this, while I was driving facing the bay toward the water (the road Ts to the left and right), the sky was so gray but there was a hole in the middle as if it just ripped open.  The sun shone through that bright hole, the light piercing into some clouds splitting into five maybe seven very prominent golden rays which seemed to spill shimmering silver dust on the farther side of the ocean. It was one huge pool of shining liquid light at the tip of the rays, as if a silver layer was laid on top of the water. A silver lining, literally! Before my very eyes...



I was so awed I stopped a little bit longer than what is required at the stop sign before I finally turned right. (I tried my best to dig for my camera-phone, but I realized it wouldn't do the awesome sight any justice anyway).



I knew I should have brought my camera! I always regreted not having it each time I saw a beautiful sunset but I keep forgetting.  Now I don't have anything to share with you.  *frown*



Today, I was sooooo close to capturing a picture of God. I'll always bring my camera from now on. I'll be His paparazzi. Hopefully next time, I'll finally catch Him in action.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails