Monday, October 13, 2008

Wifeyteria Chronicles: Party's over...let's dance!

The baby shower was a huge success!

There was a lot of cooking and and prep time involved on Friday night and Saturday morning. My sister and two cousins slept over to get the place and our props ready and we stayed up until 4am! A tough feat to do since the baby shower was set at 11:30am Saturday. Our work slowed down because we also had a movie marathon going: Back-to-back Tagalog love story-comedies! I can get used to that...John Lloyd and Sarah Geronimo, I mean. I can't remember the title but it was so cute. So cute we all started trying to do the "sundance" from the movie. It wasn't even tacky at all! It's so  hilarious, refreshing and funny. It simply takes the stress out of you. Hubby watched it 5 times already, even more than I did.

Saturday morning, it was a mad house trying to finish all the cooking before the guests arrived. My cousins and my sister weren't even dressed up when the first one came (BECAUSE they woke up late!). All the games were fun too.  These are the big hits: Pin the Pacifier (like Pin the tail of the Donkey); Pass the Soiled Diaper Around (I poured coffee and some melted chocolate on it) where the the person holding the diaper when the music stops will be out; Guess the size of the tummy (we used TPs).

We had a lot of guests and we were just worried about the new carpet, especially since we had a chocolate fountain going!!! But at the time of the party, we thought it was better to have a warm and festive place, than a cold and restrained one. So who cares? But Hubby and I were so beat last Sunday cleaning up and trying to switch back the ambience of our home into its brand new status. It wasn't that hard, just a little bit of putting things back into place, vacuuming, and counting cutlery and silverware (I'm very anal when it comes to that) .

We realized that eversince we moved to the new house, we've been spending weekends throwing small parties and miles and miles of entertaining. Hubby already has two projects in mind. These are: putting concrete on our patio (I prefer terra cotta tiles), and secondly, switching the living area downstairs into hardwood floors. Since that entails money, we need to hold our horses for a bit.  Meanwhile, we'll beat the bleep out of our lawn and carpets.

Our house, china and silverware are back to being immaculate and squeaky clean now, except for the refrigerator. It's bursting to the seams with leftovers, like this pan of hardened chocolate from the chocolate fountain. But I'm happy because I have enough food to feed hubby and I need not cook this whole week.

That will give me more free time to perfect my sundance.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails