Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ideas, anyone?


The year flew by me like an F-16 breaking the sound barrier and I felt the sonic boom today! Well, Halloween is just around the corner and I'm stressed out because I haven't gotten my ideas together for the Pumpkin Carving Competition at hubby's workplace, which I won last year. That was simple and easy, almost elementary. But that sparked everyone's desire to win this year and so I'm pretty sure standards are raised several notches up. I wonder what other contestants will come up with. I still don't know what to create and I want to uphold hubby's reputation and pride. Plus, I was able to buy a really reliable pair of black BCBG high heels at Nordstrom with my prize last year that another one this year will surely be most welcome! I'm also trying to brainstorm on my costume at work. We always dress up (the works) at work. Last year, I was a confused daemonette who could have easily passed for one of The Incredibles.

 Yaaakkkkkk!

This year, my cousin suggested that I come in PJs, bunny slippers, old woman eyeglasses, big hair rollers, a roll of newspaper, and white powder on my face. It sounds appealing but I wasn't sure if I can pull that off knowing that I have to walk through the front door and past managers' cubicles. And what if I simply get so mixed up with the dates that I come to work dressed up too soon --I always have that horrific notion in my head!

Anyway, I need ideas, ideas, ideas. Especially for the pumpkin carving contest!  HELP!

I'm thinking of drilling thunderbolts over the Golden Gate bridge with my hubby's dremel tool.



I think it's too ambitious. But I'll see what I can do.

Usually, it helps to pretend in our minds that we can do difficult things. I usually do. Most of the time, we end up actually accomplishing them and thinking, "Wow, I FAKED it!". But then later on we'll realize that we're able to do the task anyway...so what's the difference?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails