Saturday, December 23, 2006

Holiday Rush

That's about it!  I'm done with Christmas shopping, mailing my cards (weeks ago), cleaning up, doing the laundry, finalizing our schedule from Christmas eve til Christmas night, and calling my family back home.  I'm done wrapping all the presents. Let me see what else there is to do.  Oh, take a shower (after writing this, because blogging relaxes me haha), clean the bathroom, change the sheets, buy breakfast food for the whole week from the supermarket, and do my manicure and curl my hair for tonight's Christmas Eve mass.  Thank God for ready-made store food too, I'm going to pick that up for the potluck party tomorrow, hahaha.


It's tiring just going through all these.  And guess what! I've got diarrhea, my left eye is swollen from my hubby punching me (kidding...I think it's an ant bite or something), my right ear is swollen from my cartilage diamond earring that got displaced when I bumped my head somewhere (duh!) -- so I guess, I have to kiss this extra earring goodbye forever, my left wrist is messed up ---must have been from lugging those shopping bags around, and my fingers are stiff and painful from the cold. I'm not exaggerating !!!  My hubby says in Aldred lingo "Man, you're hella f*cked up!" while his problem of the moment is having a hard time telling if what Andrea Bocelli's singing on TV is in spanish or italian. Hello.


Oh, I haven't gone through the mail yet (America wastes so much paper on these things --poor trees!) . And don't forget, bills to be paid!!! Christmas leaves a big dent on the budget. I remember last year when I wanted to give herb and flower pots for Christmas. I tried growing them, but they never sprouted in time, LOL.  I don't have a green thumb to begin with. This year, none of my money-saving techniques worked too.  If only we can load kiss credits on gift cards, give hugs wrapped in japanese paper and packed in colorful boxes, and seal lots and lots of love in huge cookie jars.


Next week, we have two weddings to go to (one invitation was written in spanish!) and a cocktail event on New Year's Eve. I haven't bought the wedding presents yet.  And I don't even know if I can still squeeze myself into the formal dresses I currently have.  Well, no one can help me in that department, huh! I hope my diarrhea persists then.


Aaaargh! The holidays.  It's driving me NUTS! ChestNUTS...how apt...Chestnuts roasting on an open fire......Oh no, I'm singing now! No matter what, it is still the happiest and indeed, the most wonderful time of the year.




MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails