Saturday, December 09, 2006

All in a Snap

        I went downtown yesterday, walking about one of my favorite spots -- Powell St. and Fifth and Mission -- where I usually enjoy some alone time, going around by myself, shopping or just people-watching. There I was walking by Bloomingdales, feeling cute and sexy wearing a leather jacket, a miniskirt and workin' it with my high go-go boots. Then it dawned on me, the last time I trodded the same path just a little more than three weeks ago, I was in maternity clothes, a hopeful mommy who was halfway through her pregnancy.  I sure luv dressin' me up but I certainly would choose the maternity stuff over anything else right now.  Oh well. 





        Things have changed so suddenly.  In a snap, my world is back to how it used to be. Not that I detest it. It's just that so much has happened in my life lately, between the shocking and the miserable, that half the time now I still don't know where my head is.





        Life's like that.  It's full of surprises, just when we think we have achieved some kind of balance and stability at some point.  Good or bad, changes are certain. Things can do 180-degree turns all in a snap . And they usually catch us offguard.  We've got to treasure each day and savor the moment while it happens.





        Everyday is a gift.  That's why we should never throw it away.

























No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails