Friday, August 29, 2008

The other night at Walmart...

I usually check out the board by the entrance of Walmart to look at photos of missing kids. One girl caught my eye, the photo was a teen's self-protrait most likely taken from her MySpace profile (you know, that shot taken from a strange angle, a super-model pout and with one corner of the photo taken over by a glimpse of the outstretched hand that held the camera). It dawned on me (again) how far our picture-taking has evolved, including its uses.  I knew that one day, missing person's files won't just contain ID pictures or cut-outs from birthday party pictures!!! Now, if ever I go missing, please don't post my photo in that hula outfit even if I'm so darn proud of it!



Seriously, do you ever take a close look at photos of missing people?  Next time, can you please take some time to stare at their eyes, say a prayer and hope that one day you or someone else will find them and return them to their loved ones?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails