Monday, August 18, 2008

Mixed Nuts

        What a crazy week...mixed feelings...mixed emotions. The schedule is not as wild as my craziest thus far, but I'm feeling kinda in the dumps. The 90210 re-runs that I've gotten attached to for the past months have just concluded last night and I'm suffering from separation anxiety.  I miss Kelly, Dylan, David, Donna, Steve and Janet already (they were my pseudo-friends). Maybe I'm just being hormonal. LOL. We're finally moving to the new house hopefully by Labor Day and I haven't gotten anything organized. There’s this little garage sale to start with hopefully next weekend. We don't have a handful of projects for the new house so I guess there’s nothing to be stressed about but I do want the kitchen repainted into a beautiful shade of Rustic Red. Then we’ll work from there -- shots of Contemporary Tuscan around the house. Wrought-iron décor...chunky candles everywhere, a good selection of subtle accents with tuscan colors like copper, terra cotta, tuscan gold, paprika, sage green, luscious olive, deep burgundy, chocolate brown, soft gold, tan, rust and dark red…



        It's all good. Not really. Miles away, Daddy’s getting in the hospital for his Brachytherapy and he has been telling me that he’s so terrified, this being his very first major medical treatment in all his 71 healthy and youthful years. (last year, he considered Botox treatments! – but I think he meant it as a joke *I think*) Seriously, I remember when I was 8 years old, the bank transferred him to a branch so far away that he’d come home only on weekends. He told me how he would drive across railroad tracks everyday (regular city tracks but at 8 years old that made me very fearful) And I remember praying so hard almost every moment that I could make God deaf just so he will be kept safe from incoming trains (and I guess in general), for me. I’m praying like that 8-year old all over again…So hard I can trade everything else that’s special.  But I know that God doesn’t work that way.  I hope He’ll keep my dad as safe and healthy as He has kept him when I asked for it more than two decades ago.



        At work, we have this big nationwide project that’s launching on Friday where I’m in charge of the Southern Pacific region with about 30ish branches to take care of. We are expected to implement in 4 days and all I have done so far is checkout the main company’s website and stare at it for hours.



        I’m in this phase again where I hope that time will fly faster so I can rush into the new house and do all the beautiful things I’ve planned, and at the same time wish the clocks will stop so my dad doesn’t have to go through his medical ordeal.



        I’m so antsy at work right now. I’m going nuts, big time.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails