Friday, March 13, 2009

TGIF!

It seems like the week barely started and it's already Friday -- AGAIN! I'm not complaining. Days go by faster now I guess, don't you think? (Notwithstanding that I start functioning on Tuesdays) Monday is...what did I say again...my arch-nemesis? Tuesday is my Alka-Seltzer.  Friday is my Partner in Crime! Woohoo!!!  Wednesday and Thursdays are ... just think of them as the middle children hahaha. Sometimes unconsciously ignored so they end up feeling invisible yet self-reliant, which is actually a good thing.

I never had any back pain this whole week.  Thank God! I can't remember what the backache was like anymore. This shows us how our bodies (or life itself?) can be so naturally forgiving in that sense. I only remember not having slept good all week the last time it bothered me. I do hope that's over and done with.

Oh, guess what! I reached a milestone in the blogosphere! I have my own domain now! (I seriously thought I could keep that a secret for a long time until it's really done and ready ) I read somewhere that if you intend to get a domain, you'd better do it fast before all the good supercalifragilisticexpialidocious names are gone. So I did! Thank goodness, Wonder Wifey hasn't been taken yet. It's amazing sometimes when you realize that realistically, no one really is as silly as you are yet. *LOL* I'm not ready to launch it. Still workin' on it...still tweaking it as far as my computer skills would allow, which, come to think of it, really isn't much. But I'll crank it up to full blast within the next couple of months. I'd keep it  SIMPLE, knowing that too much visual noise has the potential to drive me rocking back and forth in one dark corner for days.

Things are looking up in my world these days. Mom and Dad are planning to visit us in the summer.  Please pray that they'll be fit and healthy to make it. I plan to do so many things with them! Such as cram special occasions in one month -- Barbecue on the 4th of July, Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners in that same summer stint complete with Christmas carols played in the middle of the year, a big turkey, some stuffing and gravy...the whole nine yards. I hope it pans out for us. Sometimes, we really just have to adjust our sails to the wind... Reframe our thinking and function outside our rigid "programs".

I can't wait for the weekend. There's not much work left to do in our house. Hubby just needs to hang the four old Tuscan Wine Label Wall tiles I ordered eons ago and one wrought-iron candle holder wall art.  The home office looks immaculate and pristine now too (thanks to one evening when hubby had to stay late at work -- ergo, no one bothered my cleaning spree). It's a pretty serene hideaway for me, especially that I left one wall empty. I can stare at it and recharge for a good length of time.  I still want the "coastal" theme for it though I haven't gotten anything to make it resemble a cape cod villa. A deserted island, maybe. It takes time, but at least, compared to previous posts, I can say that things are finally looking up in that department.

Hubby's 40th's in April but I still don't know what to do. I'm thinking of taco stands, 40th Pinata, and other festive stuff. We also have a hula show (ho'ike) upcoming for our halau on the first week of May where I'll be doing three dances. I'll probably stop doing shows after that.  I love to dance, but since I'm totally challenged in making my own costumes, I think it will soon be time to quit -- the performances at least. If I can help it.

I hope some kind of news about a baby will come in my next posts. I wish. I'll drop everything just to have my own little one now. Anyway, it's Friday the 13th today.  I'm always lucky on Friday the 13ths! Got promoted on a Friday the 13th TWICE in my life in different jobs, won something, found something, ate someting good hahaha...stuff like that.  I think I'm going to get lucky again today. 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, PEEPS!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails