Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm back!

How  I emerged from the weekend in one piece is a flummoxing mystery that can be archived next to the Crop Circles, the Fibonacci numbers and the wonky mind of the Octuplets' mommy. I'm almost embarassed to relate the flurry (or shall I say blurry) of events that I managed to whisk through from friday night onwards. 

Friday night dinner party at our house -- and cooking before that, cousin's family spending the night at our place, early breakfast before they left for a trip to the snow up in Tahoe, rushing to stepdoe's colorguard performance in Union City, pizza lunch with the guard girls and some chaperones and friends we invited to the show, entertaining the friends back at our house, hubby playing basketball with the guys and us ladies taking a leisure walk, yummy sushi dinner with bro-in-law's family for a niece's birthday, taking our niece and nephew back to our house for a sleepover, staying up for a late night chat -- some real fun and interesting teen talk *LOL*, going to church in the morning chill at 7:30am the next day, cooking breakfast for stepdoe and mom and eating with them together with our niece and nephew who slept over, buying some wine at Napa, hanging out at a friend's house near Napa, then a snack at Wingstop, then dropping off our niece and nephew at two separate houses, passing by bro-in-law's in Suisun and going altogether to a party at my sister's house for the same cousins who got back from Tahoe sunday night. And the aformentioned stops and detours all miles apart! Monday...work work work...then dinner at a cousin's house in San Mateo. That was last night. Then today...work work work.

We were able to make many people happy so it's all good. But don't be surprised if I need to be an hermit in my cave for some time again. I badly need to recoup. That's just how it works. "Tired" is an understatement. And we do need to think about our own concerns soon too. Due yesterday.

So I tell yah, it's really an amazing grace and continuous wonderment where I have been drawing my strength from, considering that I'm off my caffeine fixes for the entire Lenten season.

Crop Circles quality, eh? More like Dark Circles around my eyes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails