Monday, December 22, 2008

Whoosh!

It's Monday.  My hyperactive thoughts are well....hyperactive still.

Three days before Christmas.  I liken this time to a rough rollercoaster ride. First comes  LULL *you know when your mind just goes blank, or is it just me*, then SOME TENSION BUILDING UP *some amount of panic thinking about the things in your Christmas shopping list and trying to figure out what to do first*, GOING UP, GOING UP UP UP *waiting for that much awaited bonus -- to finally go Christmas shopping*, GOING HIGHER *decking the halls with bows of holly hahaha, mailing out presents and cards*, AND EVEN HIGHER *frantically planning the Christmas feast, doing the grocery, thinking of what to wear* and then "WHOOSH!" *you slide down uncontrollably amidst last minute stress, panic, forgotten errands, last trips to the mall, phonecalls to make, dashing for those last-minute gifts for people you forgot to shop for, *oh what a madhouse!* wrapping yet more presents, brain going haywire, multi-tasking, getting stuck over the table-setting if you're one of them Martha Stewarts of the world...etc etc etc!!!  It is a hectic time. I'm close to the "Whoosh!" phase. I'm gathering all strength, holding my breath, closing my eyes, rolling up my sleeves and holding on tight! Weeeeeeeeeee! Pretty soon it will be over.  It's a love-hate thang.  You want the mad rush to end, but at the same time, you want the thrill to last. Oh Christmas!



Have a merry one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails