Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I did last weekend...



I blew birthday candles on my cake. It's mah birthday! Wanna know what I wished for?

I didn't really have that much birthday "desires". Hubby and I usually keep a wishlist that each other can work on. As years passed by though, I found the list getting shorter and shorter. As I grow older, I just eye material stuff less and less. Not that I ever truly hinged my identity on expensive stuff anyway. Though I've been a pampered (not spoiled, just pampered) wifey and have been showered with quite a share of signature purses, shoes and all, I have always exerted effort and consciously worked on NOT being defined by these things. I have met and been around some whose lives were dictated by the latest Louis Vuitton collection, the cutest Coach purse (which I never truly liked ...I think it's over-rated) and they have been really annoying. (Well, uhm, except for my sunglass collection. I need good sunglasses. But I want them not to flaunt them. I get headaches with "generic" ones. I always get headaches, period. So please, let's not go there!) Last year, hubby got me Chanels, with my much-desired mother of pearl logo.  This year I wanted something so much less expensive and I got what I wanted! Ray-ban's Aviators! I was disappointed that hubby didn't find a Crayola Glow Station to go with it. Nonetheless, I'm still holding my breath for it this Christmas.

So wait, where was I before my thoughts ran away again?

Oh, MY REAL BIRTHDAY WISHES:

I think my real birthday wishes are really more precious. This morning at church, I made these three wishes:

1. For my parents to be healthy and strong for a long time.Tell me where I can buy Time. I'll hoard all of it for them.  I pray and wish that my mom will fully heal from recurring localized breast cancer and for my dad to be fully healed of prostate cancer. I wish they will both be cancer-free. Not being there for them at this point consumes me. So, hoping and praying that they will be well is the best I can do for them (and for myself?) for now.

2. For hubby and I to have another baby. I think I'm ready. Yes, I think I'm slowly being ready again, emotionally and everything. If it doesn't happen naturally, we hope to make time for it in 2009, seek medical help perhaps. Our third bedroom is waiting to be a nursery. Right now it's a room where we pile junk and other stuff. It's like a gaping hole in our house, similar to the one in our hearts. Hopefully one day, it will find itself teeming with toys, kids bedroom furniture (I adore wooden children's furniture), kiddie clutter, a Kids Desk down the road to replace my old oak one-- hubby whispered to me at the church this morning, "Here's where we can send our kids to school, Private, Catholic"...that was truly encouraging. We're ready for one. Yes I am!

3. Financial stability, not only for us but the rest of the world as well. Improvement in the economy and better lives for everyone. Most of all, WORLD PEACE, which must begin with each one of us, from within ourselves.

I really have nothing more to ask.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails