Sunday, June 04, 2006

wAyYy 2 gOo, WPD!!!

My Police Clearance/Certificate has expired and so I had to go back to the Western Police District today.  I needed it badly for my upcoming "date with Uncle Sam".  Last year's procedure had been a breeze.  The staff were polite and accommodating.  In fact, it made me think, "WOW! Amidst the everyday red tape brouhaha that sadly, some government offices are known for, boy was I lucky!". Today, approximately a year after, I must admit I had my fingers crossed on the way to WPD.  I wondered, will they be as nice again?  I know it's pretty mean to have that frame of mind, everyday citizen complaints be damned, but at the back of my mind, I was thinking maybe last year was pure luck.  You know, like suddenly winning the lotto when reality has it that odds aren't in favor of you.





So I got there. They received me well despite the fact that it was half an hour to closing time. They were all smiling and mellow with their explanations.  Unhurried but not lazy.  The kind that gave away an atmosphere of patience and friendliness.  It floored me! I would hate myself Sun_3if I say I was surprised, because I actually half-expected it. I HOPED for it!!!  I'm just really, really happy to have my expectations validated.  Here is a bunch of people who do not let themselves rot away no matter how out-dated or decrepit the working situations are.





The process was quick because it's just a renewal of the certificate clearing me out from any crime that happened during my 1989-2002 period of residence in Manila.  I overheard one time that if it's quick, perhaps they didn't bother to thoroughly check the records, which is a point against their credibility.  But that's way outside my case because I have already been previously cleared.  And since I have no blood relations whatsoever to Superman,  I do not in anyway possess the ability to go back in time to alter my crime history and to my detriment at that. 





Notwithstanding possible procedural glitches for now, the point is, this select bunch in the WPD has been patient, friendly, polite and accommodating, without asking for anything in return.  Isn't it a source of great joy and hope that there are people who take time to help and go the Toothless_2extra mile?  Surely, they must have been briefed, but the great thing is they live up to good service standards. That's a good start...It's a reason to remain hopeful! I pray that they get contagious enough to infect the other pups in their litter. Or even beyond! I know this may sound pretty mushy right now but I really feel like shouting "MABUHAY ANG PILIPINAS!!!"...Yehey!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails