Thursday, June 01, 2006

This New Craze

Expressions_1 I have recently developed a liking for reading other people's blogs.  Thought it would be a nice break in between writing my own. Plus, like I have said in a previous blog I wrote, I would like to believe that I do pick up a lot of good stuff from what others have to say. It's the greatest reality show on earth, filmed from within. Aside from my cousins' and friends' great pieces, I take pleasure in reading some good ones that I have accidentally link-clicked upon such as in blogspot.com and here in Friendster, I particularly think these two are cute: JB's Blog and Friendsterization by Daphne (they can be found at the featured blogs section).  *SIGH* I wish I can go global as well. Maybe someday when I am worth it. Maybe when there's less crap in my stuff...like in this one. *LOL* Because I'm about to relate an appalling story about this blog craze.  Yesterday, I stumbled upon two almost identical blogs posted by two people from different poles of the earth. Creepy identical, verbatim. I thought my mind kind of short-circuited again (does that ever happen to you?), or has gone totally berserk. It was either a case of "parallel universes" again -- hmmm, this theory is beginning Angrybmp_1 to sell to me already (help!!!), or realistically, a severe case of thought plagiarism. I was horrified because I'm an overzealous defender of those who are cheated on or treated unfairly. It's supposed to be not that big a deal right, but I knew the offender, the one who copied -- well, talk about a shattered good initial impression.  Aawww poor little fellas who poured their hearts out. I mean, these blogs are like babies, they can't be stolen and easily passed on as someone else's! Or this cut and paste thingy. One can't just chop a baby's head off and super-glue it to another one's body and voila! a new baby. Oh forgive me for this brutal baby allegory. I can almost imagine how that might possibly feel (dream on, Clarisse, like strangers would actually be interested in your insipid ramblings, hahaha).





Flowersbmp_3On the brighter side, I strongly believe all of us can always come up with originals any day.  Our hearts and minds are like big storehouses of facts and feelings that are waiting to be born, to enlighten others, entertain, or do as we please. From our own wombs and into the typepad.  Well, I don't want to dwell on this trivial thing anymore. I just thought I had to let it go...by writing it down.  Like I always do. Camera



On a lighter note:  While I'm on this Friendster topic...I realized these past weeks how much we have already been "friendsterized" (as Daphne would say it).  I was taking pictures with my girl friends earlier today and we all screamed "Pang-Friendster!!!". Whatever happened to "Kodakan...Picture-Picture...or Pa-shot naman!"...huh? =o)





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails