Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why I blog...

I blog as much as I can for three main reasons: PURPOSE, EXPRESSION and INCOME. So I guess if you put the three together, that really amounts to churning out 60 million words in multiple sites. My favorite author Robert Fulghum once said, "We are all dying". That struck me so much because it's true. It's only a matter of who bites the dust first. It made me re-think my multiple purposes in life. What is it that I like to do? And what is it that I want to give to the world? Blogging is one of them. (And I'm blessed that I can squeeze this in my coffee and lunch breaks, or at home while hubby and I watch TV). Though it sounds so urban tchotchke-ish, I find deeper meaning in blogging. First, to help anyone who can hopefully vicariously learn from my journey...the little steps, the big milestones, humps, potholes and all. To entertain in my own humble way. To express myself (there's always a burning feeling inside my heart -- a concept, a thought or a butterfly that yearns to get out of the cocoon to conquer the world!)...A legacy of my own. To guide those who'd want to follow suit. And the income is just icing on the cake. Lately, I've been wanting to share the bounty. I'd like everyone who's interested to taste that icing too! And the joyful part is, at the end of a blogging day, I find it amazing that I really don't care if nothing comes back to me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails