Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Coming Full Circle

-originally posted at Coffee, anyone? - but edited to conform with the conditions in this blogsite: non-commercialized and straight from the heart..



With the coming of summer, I feel that snippets of our family life are coming full circle so fast. It does every year. I felt it again this morning as I unearthed my summer stuff from storage bins. Wasn't it just yesterday when I packed them away? And when I wrote OVERDRIVE and OUT OF WHACK and other posts that completely detailed the tween and teen adventures in our makeshift tween/teen daycare whenever my stepdaughter spends schoolbreaks with us and the cousins get together in our place for like a whole week of chaos, day trips, summer adventure, field trips, food trips and F-U-N?

I can almost smell my oven-baked cookies that they like to eat with milk or scoops of vanilla ice cream. And the military style breakfast of bacon, eggs and freshly baked biscuits I shoot out from my kitchen for 8 kids who are kids no more and who could already eat like hungry pitbulls on steroids.

I'm going to start getting sleeping bags ready, new scary movies up our sleeves, the heavy blankets they spread on the floor, pillow cases, different colored toothbrushes, facial wash, extra bottles of shampoo and those little soaps I try to hoard from our hotel stays as much as I can. It's like a teen daycare alright. Backpacks strewn around, those jackets sprouting from nowhere, the multi-colored candy-like Nike Dunks, belts, socks, cellphones, curling irons, hair straighteners, iPhones, earphones, chargers, candy-colored nail polish, Nintendo DS, PSPs...

With things coming full circle too fast every year, it won't be too long until all those teen artifacts start disappearing. 

I think I'll treasure every moment of it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails