Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I never even remembered today that I hate Mondays

- taken from Coffee, anyone? - but sans the advertising...



So maybe, we're really good friends now.

I'm far from lethargic, there are no weekend withdrawal symptoms, I'm cheerful and humming and whistling...instead of wishing that I'm at home, on my comfortable bed, watching TV...wait a minute...now that I'm remembering, I'm starting to hate Monday again. 

It's all in my crazy mind, isn't it?

But the good part is, four more days and it's going to be weekend again.  The loop never stops.  It's already June! Almost midyear, yup, almost there.  In the wink of an eye, it's going to be Christmas again.  Didn't we just cook the turkey for Thanksgiving last week?

That's what my friend Mo has in mind.  She's back from being off for 5 days last week and she emerged from it like a new-born infant.  I knew she's back the moment she went into my cube to show one of her most recent online purchases.  She gets shoes, clothes and jewelry most of the time.  This time, she showed me this very beautiful heart-shaped locket studded with a tiny diamonds (2-ct TW). She got it on sale for $ 100. from Macy's for her daughter, who I thought was celebrating her birthday. Nope! It's a Christmas present.  This soon?

Six months to go, baby.  Where did half of the year go?!?

Meanwhile, let me focus on loving this Monday.  After all, shouldn't we focus on each moment and each day that passes?

 

Here's something my uncle shared with me before his passing:

Yesterday's gone, we cannot relive it.

Tomorrow's something we can't be absolutely certain of.

But we have today to fulfill our mission in life. And if we concentrate on living every moment well, TODAY is ENOUGH.

-Anonymous

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails