Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some stuff you get from networking

My brother-in-law had dinner with us two nights ago. I found out that he jumped into the Facebook bandwagon too. It's amazing how we can reconnect with people who we haven't seen for 2 or 3 decades. AMAZING when you seem to pick up where you left off, that being a rough and exciting frolic in the  mud while our noses were busy with snot and sniffles twenty-some years ago. HORRENDOUS when zombies start rising from the grave e.g. your old flame, your spouse's old flame, or your highschool nemesis.  

Old Flame #2 wrote to me -- and I don't know how he found my profile, "WOW, you look good," (well, I wouldn't be posting disastrous-looking photos, would I? -- though these make up about 92.2584% of all my shots *LOL*!) "I missed you so much, can you add me up? Promise I won't say anything, unless you want me to."

That earns the most mega-ginormous *DUH* ever in the history of my *duhs*.

So anyway, on the brighter side, we're happy to see photos of old friends exploring the world, traveling around Europe, posing beside the leaning tower of Pisa, the Eiffel, random shots from moving trains, new-born babies, pre-school events, out of town trips, memoirs of visiting London by car or trekking the Amazon on foot. 

We're happy because we were there when they were still weaving these dreams. And we're happy because we can see these coming into fruition one at a time, photo after photo, post after post.

Facebook and other good networking sites reunite people online.  And then reunite kindred spirits in person eventually when they decide to.

Just avoid the weirdos, you know what I mean.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails