Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I should wear horse blinders...

my special pair of prescription prism eyeglasses (I'm special!)

My husband just called my attention again as we were watching TOP CHEF. He thought I was looking at our dresser which was on the left side of our flat screen that's mounted on the wall directly in front of our bed. He thought I wasn't paying attention again, because my face was angled perfectly toward the dresser. But the truth is...I was watching TV....SIDEWAYS!

So he called my attention as I told him to do so everytime he notices it. He's not the first one. Friends, ex-boyfriends (I make an embarassing movie date LOL) and my parents have noticed it to a point of asking me to get an audiometry (hearing) test which I willingly subjected myself to. They thought something was wrong with my right ear that I had to aim my left ear at people, television sets and other visual and auditory stimuli all the time. Isn't it charming and cute though? HAHAHA. Paris Hilton does a lot of side-staring too!!! Hearing test was normal, thank you very much. Several optometrist appointments later, we discovered that my eyes were the culprit. Vision was 20/20 but focus needs a little help from a special kind of lenses (and I seriously thought only my brain was focus-challenged).

It's not so bad but I have to wear eyeglasses everytime I'm working on anything that involves watching, reading and computer work (and any form of STARING) to avoid strain. And since I'm stubborn, I have not worn eyeglasses in years. I have a total of 3 inexpensive frames in different styles and colors and 2 signature ones. The drawer has been wearing them since they came out of the lab. It's better that way because I would accidentally sit on them, mispace them, leave them in my car, bury them under old receipts, lipsticks and other things in my purse.

Hubby reminded me to start wearing my eyeglasses again before I eventually evolve into the head-spinning girl from The Exorcist.



I'm going to start wearing them again -- never mind if I misplace them and get stressed out trying to find them everywhere. Chances are they'll be sitting on top of my head anyway.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails