Thursday, November 06, 2008

ooops



just random stuff tonight...

it's 6:26pm and i'm watching FRIENDS. it's been a while and after all these years and a million loops of reruns, they still affect me in a really good way. we're visiting my cousin at the hospital later. she gave birth yesterday. hubby's trying to drag me to black angus for some steak dinner...maybe.

i'm so tired. i had a hard day at work yesterday, had a very soap opera-ish management meeting followed by a negative buzz thereafter about the new manager at work (who we are still trying our darnest to like) and how my name was dragged into a small issue somehow.

long story short, i wrote him a very diplomatic letter this morning, airing out my sentiments about what transpired yesterday and cc'd the president.  i like to be straightforward with my thoughts especially if there's a bit of injustice. i hate fakers. i hate scheming wackos,  people who twist truths around to save their own arses. i always work with the truth. i'm an advocate of truth. i think that's why i'm a free soul.

well anyway, we finally resolved it, i finally clarified things with that man whose office is across the hallway from my cube... in a diplomatic way, with me talking and doing some hand gestures to stress my point, gathering all my wits to put him to his place in a gentle way while i stood in front of his desk, trying to look as firm, professional and confident as i could be.

i came back to my cube victorious, satisfied with the peace that has found its way into my heart.

then i sat down and discovered my fly had been open all the while!

*boink*

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails