Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh, Bob!

I should have held a contest to pick the Best Response to a line in my An Old Friendship, revisited post:

"Answer a question no one has thought to ask you." - Robert Fulghum

I've gotten 7 responses in there so far. And each one is unique, surprising and so human and beautiful in their own rights. Everyone won in my heart.

One response that had hit me hard though was Bob's. She said:

answer a question nobody has asked me?
Do you need some help?
YES YES YES YES!!!!


It's so beautiful, humble and honest.

When was the last time we ever asked someone if they needed help? How many resounding YESes do you think are we going to hear?

When was the last time we were really honest with ourselves?

When was the last time we were humble enough to admit our needs?

These little questions won't be a waste of breath.  I believe that if we start shooting these questions, it will pave the way to A Million Good Things for all of us in this world, in our lifetime, and the next. And then the next.

My two cents. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails