Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hookie at Hookie Lau

Christmas Rush in April. This is what it feels like. I can give Cirque Du Soleil's Kooza juggler a run for his money. Except that I'm really not skillful at this. My pins fly everywhere, or they stay put where they have fallen. Which is pretty much all over the place. Baby plans. Baby Plans. Real estate affairs. Real estate affairs. Family and friends who need my attention -- try to throw a flare up the sky, bright lights tend to attract me. It's crazy. If there's anything pathologic about it, it is my quote/unquote attention deficit (LOL) that makes me function real effectively only in linear paradigms; the same one that exacerbates with multiple stimuli -- a noise barrage of some sort for my serenity-hungry soul which makes me want to curl up in fetal position on learned helplessness mode or simply go wacko wanting to shoot everyone with big tapioca balls from a pink fat straw (ooops, where did that come from?). I try hard (sometimes) and still suck big time.



Last weekend, we flew to LA. This weekend, we're driving to LA. The weekend after that, we're flying to PI! That leaves the weeknights for some last minute tasks (weekdays being devoted for tying loose ends at work before my vacacion grande and writing stupid blogs on breaks). I've so far played hookie at hula for two classes in a row (what!? me missing hula classes?) but it's all worth it. In exchange, I have tackled piles of laundry  -- the Mt. Everest of laundry! -- getting them all ready for our trip. I've shopped here and there for things to bring, but alas, my love-hate relationship with shopping has come back haunting me from the grave (I love retail therapy but having to look around too much burns me out during activity level #86 where I start sliding to being a "list and get it quick, really quick!" person -- again, this stimuli thing). Let's see how I'll hang for the next couple of weeks. I browsed through my past posts and realized that being busy has been a recurrent but always incidental theme. When I come back, I do intend to change the song. Seriously.



Anyhoo...



Here are some good things that keep my spirits high lately, in other words, flowers to smell along the jagged path:



1.) 90210 back to back re-runs while sorting through mail, doing the bills, folding the laundry and making home-cooked suppers. Hubby and I are hooked!



2.) Wire sculpture and wire-wrapping. I'm so obsessed with it. I think one day, I can really claim to be a bonafide "artiste" (not the drama queen type). I've always wanted to be called an artist but didn't know at which art to deserve the title. (Eureka! That explains my cave days! I'm an ARTIST! I'm jumping-clapping my feet-saying heeheeheehaahaahaa-YES! My creative juices overflow at times I want to be alone and just keep creating). And the best compliment I got for some pieces I did?: "Are you in weed or something?" NO, caffeine is my drug of choice. Next to 90210. Thank you.



3.) My sister's wedding. And seeing my family. And friends!



I miss you all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails