Thursday, April 17, 2008

La Vie En Rose

Memories are pictures of the heart. Here's another casual but special moment I need to take note of. Forgive me for the cheesiness, it's because moments like this is all I can savor for now.



Last night, I had a good casual long distance phone conversation with Daddy. As what we'd always do, we talked about my youngest brother Milo (THE DOG hehehe); we talked about what he has been busy with, the new tiles in the bathroom, his plans for the week; he asked about my new hobby -- wirecrafts/wire art sculpture which I'm so hooked in; most of all, we talked about the new piano pieces he's learning.  We share a common passion for art and piano music and he's always excited to tell me about his new pursuits. His next project is called "La Vie En Rose" and he tried to hum it for me. But just like me, he can't sing. He couldn't even remember the melody at first. I searched online while we were on the phone and played the file for us. I started humming it and he was so happy that I found it.  That got the melody coming back to him and he started humming it with me. Again and again. It was a pretty sight, except that I couldn't see him.  I closed my eyes and tried to let every note sink in. Then we got cut off.  I desperately called back, annoyed that my moment with dad was bummed out by a fluctuating voice over IP signal, actually, I was more afraid that I had lost the moment. But when he picked up, he started humming again. Like he didn't want to lose the moment with me too. When I was still living back home, he would always play the piano for me or I would try to help him tackle difficult music sheets. Last night's phone call assured me that the connection is still there despite the distance. And that we both want to keep it going. It was really nice and comforting. It was really, really special.



He always manages to take the stress out of me. He always manages to make me feel so good without having to do much. See you soon, Daddy. I'll be watching you play.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails