Friday, May 23, 2008

Just Snippets

I’m back! And I have managed to bring back a truly crippling upper respiratory condition from the plane that turns me into a mad dog at night and a barking turtle by day. I will be seriously appalled if I have not yet coughed all my brains out by the weekend. There’s still a lot of stuff to pack away, thank goodness there’s the long weekend coming. And I intend to do nothing but stay home and nurse me out of this scary health status. I know the cycle too well.  First, pain while swallowing…then runny nose…then stuffed sinuses…then headache…then fever…then cough. Then cough. Then cough. Then losing my voice.  Then finally bouncing back. I’m transitioning from coughing to losing my voice right now. So hopefully, I’ll be bouncing back gleefully to perfect health before I get arrested for suspected bioterrorism at work.



*******



I can’t wait to post photos of our vacation in the Philippines . But of course, in accordance with my family’s standards (rooting from my camera-trigger-happy daddy during our childhood days to us girls having inherited the obsession and then us marrying equally camera-trigger-happy hubbies), I need to sort through 7 Gigabytes of unedited shots. Translate: 12 days of fun=10 FULL CDs. I truly had a grand time with my folks and only wish I had more to spend with friends as well.  One great thing that hatched somewhere amongst sight-seeing, shopping or eating though is a plan to come back next year. Hopefully during the Christmas holidays. No wonder hubby started buying lotto tickets yesterday. I’m getting drawn to them scratchers myself…I won $2 yesterday and 1 free ticket. Wish us luck!



********



Funny. I just checked out some inactive accounts at work that I need to look closer into. 1998. Inactive. Wow. To me, 1998 doesn't seem jurassic. Not even 1988! Although some of my closest friends were just attending Kindergarten singing I'm a Little Tea Pot in 1988. 1978 perhaps. But yeah, it's 2008 now. It's been a decade since. It feels like 1998 was only like a couple of years ago! I was 25 in 1998, a fully functional adult. I'm a decade older than that now but truthfully, it doesn't seem like it. Perhaps when I'm a decade older than my favorite age (twenty-eight), maybe I should start being alarmed. Nah. It's still just a number.



********



Okay, so I just lost 77.8% of my lunch break to a very informative lecture by my new boss about free radicals, three kinds of anti-oxidants, how red wine is so much better than white wine in protecting me (yeah yeah polyphenols like catechins and resveratrol) yeah yeah yeah) and some interesting sales pitches on SEANOL-F that I might want to look into. He was standing by me while I was having my lunch in my cubicle. LOL. But come to think of it...Having smart talk with a smart boss (I realized I can pick his brain and I love picking smart people's brains...) while having my peanuts and Pepsi = COOL.  But anyone bothering me on my sacred lunch breaks = NOT COOL. Not exactly my idea of fun especially when I have a blog to finish.



********



Did anyone see Dennis Richmond's last airtime before his retirement? 40 years at KTV-2. Wow. Any tribute and farewell stuff like that make me cry. I'm just glad that they're doing it while he's alive and strong. I hate it when people do tear-jerker audiovisual presentations when it's already too late. You know what I mean.



********



Off at 3pm!!! Woohoohoo! It's this Memorial Weekend thingy. I don't know. I don't have plans. I choose to live on an hour to hour basis this week. The farthest thing planned ahead is perhaps...going to bed as soon as I get home. I don't even know what's for dinner.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails