Monday, November 06, 2006

Trick or Treat and other Treats

         Last Halloween was a trip.  I didn't just bring our nephews and nieces trick or treating with my sisters-in-law, I WENT TRICK OR TREATING MYSELF!!! Hell, yeah! I told myself, next year I'll be pushing a stroller with a clueless 7-month old baby suffocating in one of those furry costumes and collecting candy that he can't probably even eat yet, the heck...I'll have a trip this year! Halloween has always been one of my favorite occasions anyway, this being a day I have always been excited about for some reason. (I must have really been a druid princess in my past life because "All Hallow's Eve" or "Samhain" has always, always, always felt so familiar to me...I'm serious!!!)  Plus, I'm the kind of person who delights in doing crazy things just for the heck of it so I won't have so much regrets in my life.  So this halloween was a ceremonial (and actually long overdue) goodbye to Clarisse's solo adventures (hmmm, maybe).  I can't wait to share my life and adventures with my baby next year and in the years to come. Poor thing, I bet he'll be dragged to do outrageous stuff with this hot momma.



        And so I went. I have always dressed up as a witch in the past Halloween parties I've been to (told'ya!) and this was my first time to don on a different get up.  Since it was a spur-of-the-moment decision, I Img_0517_1managed to pull off a vain attempt to look scary in a black widow-inspired look with a black veil (which I used for the Papal Audience in Rome early this year) and a lit brass candelabra that I bought from an antique fair supposedly to send to my parents back home. Some said it was pretty intense.  To me, I simply seemed to have walked straight out of a Pinoy Regal Shocker movie.  HAHAHA. <>> Well, thank God for big middle schoolers and highschool kids, I sort of blended in with them -- or at least that's how I imagined it to be. The treat-givers always asked "Wow, what are you supposed to be?". Come to think of it, I looked more like me trying hard to pretend as a big-boned and chubby (or young pregnant) high-schooler dressed up in an old person costume, but thank God for the veil and the white face powder that hid the wrinkles, hahaha. The difficult challenge was to chirp out a high-pitched "Trick or Img_0523_1Treeeaaaaat!", I sounded more like the wicked witch of the west than a cute teenager. It was such a trip! But I had stashed quite a loot for myself...freebies to tide me over during unholy hours of pregnant hunger, yaha! And the great part is, as always, spending fun time with the kids.  That is always priceless to me.



        But the best part yet is having done a different experience once again.  Trick or Treating at 33, with a 19-week old baby in my tummy, rock on!!!



        Well, I can scratch that off my list now.  This halloween didn't just bring me fun and candy treats.  It offered me some other good treats too:   the opportunity for another adventure to reminisce someday and the chance to live out little crazy dreams...the kind that make each day worth looking forward to, each memory worth looking back to, and my whole life worth living.



WHAT'S ON YOUR LITTLE CRAZY DREAMS LIST?



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I've been getting a lot of feedback lately on my blog, I would appreciate it this time if you share your stuff with me, and for others to read as well. So...what's on your list? Let me share my top 20 wild or serious ones (my list goes on actually):



1. Sing and dance in a concert a la J-Lo (with matching earpiece and mic)...yeah, right! but I did something pretty close to that at last year's dance recital, but sing??? Who knows...



2.  Meet Tiger Woods in person, shake his hand, take a pic with him and talk to him (and come home with an autograph)



3.  Win a target shooting competition (or at least participate in one)...I shoot soda cans with my airsoft gun in the backyard...does that count?



4. Be a barrista at Starbucks (and master all that coffee-stuff)



5.  Write and publish my own book OR books (and hopefully get Oprah to endorse 'em, weehee!!!)



6.  Hold a one-man show art exhibit of my paintings and sketches



7.  Play in the rain as an adult (ooops, I did that already when I was 28).  This time, bathe naked under the full moon in the middle of an open field.



8. Speak a little French. Img_3723_1



9.  See the Celtic Castles in Europe with Al and touch the rocks of Stonehenge...and yes, meet a real druid.



10.  Have my own complete bar at home or at least learn a lot of cocktail mixing and bartending stunts.



12. Take figure-skating lessons or adult ballet, some hula or master a hot salsa number with my hubby, woohoo!!!



13.  Buy my hubby a Rolex Yachtmaster watch (I wish, I wish...)



2e01 14. Get a real tattoo on my left lower back almost sinking halfway down the knicker line (that fairy on a moon that I have always wanted since my 28th birthday)



15. Play the drums (Mahal? Can I have my own drumMania video set for Christmas, the big arcade kind? hehehe *joke*)



16. Volunteer in a kick-ass mission a la Laura Croft or the Tomb Raider.



17. Watch Criss Angel and David Blaine in person and learn a trick or two from them



18. Get married in Reno or Vegas, just for kicks (Al wants to do it too, maybe on our anniversary?)



19. Be an orphan's long-term mentor about life and living



20. Fly





                                                                                    















1 comment:

Raquel Ghie said...

teachie pie… whooo!!!! he.he im happy reading ur blogs.. at to be reminded of your little crazy dream list, naalala ko lng before when you share this ur dreams with me.. he.he… im sure yang mga crazy wishes will come true.. he.he ang cute nga ng pic.mo hindi sya scary.. funny… he.he …miss u super teach… mwaaah

Related Posts with Thumbnails