Sunday, November 12, 2006

Is it Time Yet?

It is easy to get hungry on a Saturday morning for us.  But this is still the day I always look forward to like a little kid ("yehey ilang tulog na lang!"...something like that).  Hubby doesn't work on weekends and we sleep in.  We shut the light out with the blinds and it would look like 4am even after the sun has shone brightly outside and people have started their usual weekend hustle and bustle.  It's funny.  Sometimes I wake up ahead and see him still snoring.  Or sometimes, he does first and messes with me, pinches my nose or plays with my face.  Then we both wake up and instead of saying hello, good morning, something sweet (or sour, as the case may be), one of us for sure is going to say..."IS IT TIME YET?"



It's a hunting frenzy for the remote control, which is anywhere within our sheets or under the bed.  If it's before 11am, we try to sweep through and be entertained with programs we don't even focus on.  5 minutes to 11 and you see us smiling at each other, tuning in to one of the only two Filipino programs we get on a Saturday morning (sorry, no TFC). We watch "Maalaala Mo Kaya? (MMK)". Yes! Mmklogonew That drama special based on real life stories.  Al, who can barely comprehend tagalog dialogues fully, beats me at reacting to the scenes, and truly has a ball at seeing me cry over some, at times. How easily replays can ruin our party...



This is the best part of our Saturday morning routine (even puts some luv-loving aside sometimes, waaaaah!).  This show is beautiful --perhaps because it's not a mere product of one's imagination-- and it richly possesses colors drawn from personal experiences, and provides threads of inspiration, no less.  I like it, yet, I must admit it is not something I would probably sit down or make time for at any given day. It might be something I would sneak in between commercials of Oprah, Tyra or Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals if schedule doesn't permit. Or something I would watch only if I accidentally see it on.



Yet, MMK helps make my Saturdays turn hunger into a place of comfort, security, contentment and love.  It paves the way for some couple time -- playing, cuddling, spooning and snuggling (or maybe it's the other way around?).  No matter what, hubby calls it "Hug Wifey Time", and indeed makes the most out of it. 



I do get hungry (getting up past lunch time is tough for a preggy-wifey!), but I learned how to be ready for it and squirrel away a drink, some crackers and even caramel candy on my side table the night before to make me last.



I love my Saturday mornings.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails