Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A New Blow Job

         Gotcha! Can't wait to see what's in here? You dirty minds -- or is it just me? Tell me it isn't just me! Well, guess who has been getting special lip service from moi lately? My new ultra pinoy bamboo flute! (it says Original Filipino Bamboo Flute on the label).  It was a spur of the moment thing.  Maybe my muse has decided she had enough of me desperately trying to belt out "Sana'y Wala nang Wakas" on Videoke-- which happens to be my signature song, next to Madonna's La Isla Bonita (elgk!).  Hence, my sudden weird inspiration to learn the instrument.



            I grasped the finger and key basics pretty quick, thanks to my background in piano.  But blowing out the notes is a different story.  Right now, some of my notes are downright off-key ("Blow low notes softly, high notes forcefully...too-too-too-taa-taa-taa...") My C needs a lot of work.  Think fusion of fart and rubbershoes skidding on sticky concrete.  But hey, practice makes perfect.  Right?



             I'm happy I can play a few songs now.  Aldred says my "Row, Row, Row your Boat" still sucks.  Maybe he's joking. Maybe not.  =(  That's why it scares me to play at night for fear of bringing out the snakes from the bushes, or raising Mr. Levi Celerio from the grave, only for him to suffer from emphysema again.



             But I'm proud of my other pieces. I can play Bahay Kubo, Leron Leron Sinta, and Chit-chirit-chit Alibangbang.  PINOY FOLK SONG ROCKS!!!



            My favorite is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (the only song I can play with the violin) and I'm starting on Silent Night now.  Hopefully, I'll be in shape in time for Christmas.Flute



Quote to live by: 



"LIVE AS IF YOU'LL DIE TOMORROW.  LEARN AS IF YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER" - Ghandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails