Saturday, January 02, 2010

The One



What am I doing with yet another blogsite?

The news is...this is probably gonna be the last one I'll be putting up in a long, long time. I'm not going anywhere! I just believe that I have finally found THE ONE, the ever-proverbial "The One" that suits me and the vision I have for my blogging career path. It's almost tantamount to something I can marry and stick with for life.

Why?

First of all, I'm thinking of retiring my blogsite hosted by Friendster because I'm seriously contemplating on deleting my Friendster profile. Maybe, maybe not. I aim to stick to a single networking site as much as possible and Facebook pretty much answers all my networking needs, including keeping in touch with my friends. I might try and import my original blog contents here, but I'm not sure yet because my being so crazy sentimental is seriously getting in the way. That blogsite and I go along way...like 2005, way before most people jumped into the blogging bandwagon. That's also the only site I have that's squeaky clean, and I mean non-monetized, tag-free, award-free and ad-free too. I don't sell anything there, and the links are carefully chosen by me as necessary to the post, and not because some company wants me to mention it.

I'm liking it here in my new home (it makes me feel less of a gypsy now). And it feels right. Aaaah, the one...

This will be the portal for all my public spaces on the web. I'm happy with how it looks. This is my second time to utilize a template from Falcon Hive (he/she always nails it for me), and my 6th on the Blogger platform. My 2nd own domain.

I must admit...I’m absolutely embarassed by some of my blogsites because they are monetized —so you’ll see ads, product reviews and forced URL links strewn around including on my supposedly “sincerely written” posts (but don’t worry I’m still far from selling my soul, plus they rake in the moolah so I can’t complain about this no-brainer side job, really). If you're curious, check the right side of this site, I have painstakingly listed all my sites down on the side bar. A few of them might come across as narcissistic for you (ouch!), but seriously, who doesn't blog these days? And let me tell you this. I need them. I need to express myself in so many different ways because of my artistic nature. And it's almost therapy for me because it helps me sort through so many things and experiences, put things on perspective and just embrace life -- imperfections and all. I need it too because I yearn to share my experiences with you hoping that one day, there is one soul out there who will pick up something good, and what he needed exactly.

I’m still in the process of tweaking this site here and there. But I promise you that this is going to be clean, hopefully delivering only the vision, no less. Which is…which is…uhm, I’m still thinking-rethinking the process. (Well, maybe some Amazon Affiliate badges on the side won’t hurt…and some Google Adsense banners --Ad’cents’ is a better name for it, if you ask me). Not even. No paid links or entries for sure.

Woohoo!!!

Come back here for some inspiration fill once in a while. Because I'm hoping to offer that exactly!


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails