Monday, January 18, 2010

"Leopard"


- last week at Coffee, Anyone? --



 

I know that the mysterious color game which pervaded women's Facebook profiles recently has raised a lot of issues. There was a message being passed around women's inboxes to post the color of their bra on the profile sans any explanation, raising the curiousity of the male population and the rest of the clueless.

The sexual innuendo was apparent, but it is actually meant to raise breast cancer awareness, so they say.

What's my take on this?

I hear Machiavelli whispering to me. "THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS."

Really?

That is, if you didn't miss the point of it all and have conscientiously launched thyself on a routinary self-check while you were at it. After all, it is what the game was supposed to remind us all as soon as the message hit our inboxes. If only there was an extra line on the message enjoining us to a worldwide self-exam project. I hope you didn't miss the point.

Early detection is the key, so please do your homework if you haven't yet. This is one of the causes that I feel so strongly about, regardless of the kind of publicity gimmick it takes.  It's a long story.

But now you know what I was wearing two days ago. And that I've done my homework.

Have you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails