Monday, December 07, 2009

A Streak of Pleasant Surprises

Hubby and I bumped into one of my old friends from DLSU last night at St. Joseph's Church in Pinole.  We had a long day celebrating our anniversary.  We woke up late for the mass at our parish so we headed straight to Napa Valley to pick up our quarterly rare bottles from the Wine Society in Napa, then proceeded to the Vacaville outlets and I really didn't buy anything. I just wanted to take hubby shopping since I had my Christmas bonus from work last week -- where he ended up, of course, picking only a pair of tall Salt and Pepper Grinder/Shakers from Le Gourmet following a a short stay at Gucci.  Cute, isn't it.  Salt and Pepper from his wish list over a nice leather Gucci wallet. I'm still smiling. Then we didn't want to miss church altogether so we managed to Google a 5:30 pm mass in Pinole on our way back.  Hubby was expecting to bump into old friends from like the 80s who he believes still live in Pinole. Lo and behold, I was the one who bumped into an old friend from the Philippines, from the 90s! I'm just happy to see Janice and her hubby John, who ended up taking us out to a Japanese dinner for our anniversary. And then over at their place for some coffee, Tira Misu, some Christmas music, a warm fireplace, good conversations and a lot of laughter! They made us so happy indeed!

And today, I got a surprise Christmas/Thank you present from a co-worker I least expect anything from.  She said I was a joy to work with!  Thanks, Bobbie! Thanks for appreciating me! You made me so happy about what I do.

When I got home from work, I was able to view the video that my cousin in LA made for all of us cousins who are away from home -- the ancestral house that has witnessed our childhood, and contained the love that nurtured us through the years even until now despite the distance. I wish I can figure out how to share the video here from Facebook.

Such wonderful, big-hearted souls!

This streak of pleasant surprises now leave me with a streak of my own thanks....and thoughts...

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME I MADE

SOMEONE HAPPY?

 

 

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU MADE

SOMEONE HAPPY?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ЎUf, me gustу! Tan clara y positiva.
Have a nice day

[url=http://www.modelkot.com/]Garretot[/url]

Related Posts with Thumbnails