Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pre-New Year's Eve Thoughts



 

Two days to go and I’m feeling a little blue. Don’t get me wrong! I’m excited for the coming year. But I think I’m having a little separation anxiety with 2009. Not that I’m not willing to move on. There are just some unfinished business which I feel should have been drawn to a close in 2009 at least and never to be carried through the coming of the new year. Hubby’s been having sleepless nights of late. And I mean, waking up in the middle of the night then dozing off only to be roused again at 1 or 2-ish by pained thoughts stirred by the wicked, nosy and malicious beeyatches going so cheap and low, exerting all efforts unearthing skeletons and what nots in order to obliterate blood ties on his side while grooming avaricious morons to further feed the vicious cycle of moronic tendencies vis-a-vis avarice and indolence.  Oops, I said the B and M words. I do not ever want to use those in my whole life because I’m a firm believer that they are very harsh words to brand some co-earthlings with. But apparently, these have risen from being just literary labels and mere products of my hyperactive imagination to real life characters owning up to the title. With bad taste seeping through every pore of their being. Well. I feel sorry for my amore. A few more miles and I’ll sue for mental anguish. Just kidding. I just want peace, period. Peace of mind. Peace for all. Tell me if I’m wrong, but I know for sure this peace I’m talking about doesn’t require straight A’s to pull off, eh?

Wisdom, please don’t skitter away into the cracks? Wisdom, please show yourself to those who need you most?

I remember promising I’ll never mention this ever again. But alas, the plot thickens! New things just keep sprouting like random bubbles in a swamp. Alligators and crocodiles under the deep murky waters. Boohoo!

Why…can’t…some…people…just…be…content…with…the…simple…joys…in…life?

So then we don’t end up stepping on each other’s toes or eating each other’s Trapezius fibers? I’m not a perfect soul and the last thing I want is to sound righteous. But it is ONLY common sense, right?

Getting that out before the New Year is good for me. And I am thankful for this opportunity to be able to do so. Har! Har! Probably about how low I must go. That way, I’m welcoming 2010 without the gnashing of teeth and a stomach feeling all knotted up. I wish the same for my beloved, and las antagonistas of the world...

On the bright side…

DO YOU REALIZE THAT IT’S GONNA BE A DECADE SINCE “Y2K”? Ten years since we feared the worst…computers crashing and the whole world crumbling down?

BUT 2010…WE’RE ALIVE! And Facebooking, Tweeting, blogging, iPoding, Kindling, PSPing, DSing, Wii-ing, PS3ing, blogging…facebooking (again)….

Nothing can put my good God down.  And to Thee I trust…

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO Y’ALL!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails