Sunday, August 09, 2009

Rusty is my name,

getting my groove back is the game.



It hasn't been months since I stopped blogging regularly (and I mean everyday) and yet I am finding a difficult time trying to get back into the old rhythm of things.

The good news is, I can now fight for my posts, maybe some PR and such and wander in the blogosphere once more now that the firewall security level has gone down for some special reason -- I can only think of Divine intervention. Or the IT guy must have stumbled upon my recent posts and started feeling very repentant over the whole firewall thing. Still, divine intervention!  So now I can view blogsites as clear as crystal and I can start commenting and doing my rounds. I can now publish posts and see them right away instead of posting blindly (because the strange thing is the firewall lets me get into the edit page)!

Now that I'm back, some things don't feel right.  It's like riding a bike -- which they say ever-proverbially that you never forget -- yet when you start riding again after so long, you still have to start feeling your way around at first. Wobbly but not falling, but wobbly (or is it just me and my totally uncoordinated-plus-poor-reflexes cycling skills?) Okay, poor choice for a metaphor, and I'm lazy to think of another one that comes close. Rusty.

The happy thing is I'm soooo back! And I have so many things to clean up. Blog directory registrations, blog-walking (or hopping if I'm energetic enough), commenting, promotions, and anything to bring the PR up once more. One thing I know that I still care about more than PR and popularity though is the quality of my posts.  It's a given thing that some paid posts will come but I will not be amiss with the inspirational things I always seek to squeeze in.

Uh-oh.

I feel I've gotten a little rusty. What do I have to say today? The more I think, the more substance eludes me. And this blog doesn't own that feeling alone. It seems to hold true for the other aspects of my life. Yesterday, I cleaned up my cubicle at work and was in an organizing frenzy down to the tiniest dot of my cube life. So now I'm feeling a little lost and desperately in need of remapping my coordinates, reprogramming my brain about where to find my commonly used work paraphernalia like charts and tables, calculator, the office supplies, the photos of important people in my life pinned to my wall -- which I should be automatically be able to grab and find given the old diagram. 

But I like causing a stir sometimes. I love change. It keeps me thinking. It keeps me challenged. It keeps me aware and accepting that nothing is constant in this world so I should seek not to resist that truth when things start shifting. It keeps me learning to adapt all over again, and that is what I have full control of. 

I am evolving. And savoring every minute of it.

 

Coffee, Anyone?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails