Friday, August 21, 2009

Purpose

I thought this was worth a blog post.

I like giving my Facebook friends something to think about on fridays.

Here's what I put as Facebook status today:
TGIF! HERE'S SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT OVER THE WEEKEND: "The purpose of life is a life of purpose." Until you discover the purpose of your life, you are living a life of mediocrity. Look deep inside you. Rise and be great, do the great... things you were meant to do. It is when you know your purpose that the Meaning of Life will be clear. WHAT'S YOUR PURPOSE?

It's from one of my favorite websites -- http://www.theonequestion.com/

There's only one person who has put in her thoughts so far:
Mary (not her real name, hahahaha-- why do we always do that anyway?): I think it will take more than "over a weekend" to get a true and realistic answer about what my purpose is...BUT since my attention span tends to be short these days this is what I came up with ;0)...I strive to be a good wife, good mommy, good worker, good sister and a good aunt ~ I feel in my heart that I have acheived my goal to the best of my ability... therefore in a nutshell I think those are my purpose. Hopefully at my funeral (from the test) that who ever will be doing the eulogy focuses on those traits of mine. That test, btw, is intense...I'm curious to see other answers...;0)

And here's my response:
That's really awesome, M! I can see that in you. Wonderful wonderful answer! I seek to be the same (hopefully, though I still need a lot of work hahaha). Sometimes we don't really need to look too far to find our purpose, usually it's right under our noses! When we find the purpose that is within our very reach, it is easier to pursue them and ... Read Morewe have no excuse not to. And then we set our sights on things that are farther away from our comfort zones. Either way, big or small, at the end of the day what matters is that we tried our best and didn't waste our time.

 

 

I'm putting it down on this blog just to make sure I won't forget that I said it.

 




 

Here's another awesome exchange following this:

FROM let's call her "HAPPY": Clear as it has been...to be a servant of God in propagating the faith. Wherever He takes me, He has something in stored for me. So, I just follow His will even if it seems too difficult at times. I trust Him so much because deep down in my heart, I know He is lighting my way.Enjoy your weekend with Aldred. Give our love to Lisse, Roy, and their little one.

My response: Another awesome answer! Well put! And I will keep praying for your strength and good health so that you may continue your ministry. Yes, in addition to my previous statement, God's will be done always. His plans are always grander than what we are capable of planning for ourselves. I am a living testimony of that. And yes, in pusuit of our individual purposes, may we always do all things for His greater glory!

Cheers to you guys! *clinking a glass of merlot*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails