Wednesday, August 12, 2009

AIDS

I'm desperately trying to wriggle out of my B.O. cocoon (Burn Out),

and I've got AIDS now (As If Doing Something).

Let me tell you something. My co-worker lost her job (the one who spends a whopping one grand a year on her eyelashes). Whether she was laid-off or fired, no one really knows. But she's the only one who got axed. The one thing we are certain of, she certainly didn't give 100% of herself. Well, no one really does unless he is a fully-pledged workaholic monster cum slave with nothing else to occupy his time (and thoughts). But this poor soul just went straight up to violating work ethics. I strongly believe that despite outside factors and priorities that always creep into our lives -- like family, society and our own personal needs (let's not forget that), we still need to give the main provider of our bread and butter what is due. If not 100% then for Pete's sake, at least try to stay up there in the 90s!

And so I write this, on coffee breaks, as usual. "As If Doing Something"...AIDS. As If Doing Something to my blogsite too! I owe a lot from it!

Random thoughts whizzing by:

The taste of my coffee today serves me a tray of memories of hotel stays and breakfast buffets and I don't know why. It must be the brew. But it sure makes me feel oh so good -- with memoirs of my past travels drizzling my thoughts as I write this.

Anyhoo...

It's a peaceful day today. It's warm and sunny out there, better than yesterday's cold and gray. I'm wearing a white sundress and I have a sweater tied around my shoulder -- I feel like Superman with my "cape". And I'll be flying any moment now.  

Obviously, I'm having some futile attempts shedding the blogging "burnt out" skin.  But the good thing is, coffee break's almost over.  And so I'll publish this without making any point today.  Or maybe just a little...

So here's a reminder to live by:

"The best way to appreciate your job,


is to imagine yourself without one."


~Oscar Wilde



 

Now, back to work...

 

Coffee, Anyone?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails