Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Something is wrong here (but a lot of things are right too!)

So I'm at work dutifully doing my job (and thank God not lurking around Facebook that time), when our President comes over at my desk, violating my cube rule which is "DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT MY APPROVAL" -- but of course, sadly, I'm the only one who knows about that supposed rule, and muttering in a soft voice, "Uhm, Clarisse, they said you wanted to see me?"

That didn't sound right.  What would have sounded right was if the situation had been reversed and I came over to his big room which is 10 times my cubicle to ask him the same question. But anyway, that's how mighty powerful I am at work! Woohoo!  *flexing biceps* LOL.  

I just work around very nice people, including the supposed corporate pee-ers (management) and the rest of us corporate pee-ons.

So I proceeded to tell him what I needed and he winced and gave me this look as if I was giving him a toughie.  *flexing biceps again*  Yeah!!!

---

A few hours later someone asked me how long something was supposed to take, and the answer was supposedly "an hour and a half" but I absentmindedly said "a YEAR and a half" instead. No wonder I left the area with some naive people their jaws way down on the floor like floor length theater drapes. *DUH* If I didn't correct that, some people (including myself) would have needed to stick around at work 24/7 for a total of 547 days. I will be the first to go ballistic over that.

---

So yeah some things are amiss today. Or I guess, some things are NOT amiss today (abnormal being normal in my circle of functioning).

Hehehe.

I'm bouncing off the walls though. I just got very encouraging comments from the radiologist who did my mammogram reimaging -- which was nerve-wracking by the way. Tell me, if you got called back for another mammogram because apparently "there is a finding that needs further investigation", wouldn't you be scared out of your wits, especially if you had very strong genetic risks? (not to mention a strong propensity for hypochondriac tendencies?)

The second imaging really helped.  They zeroed in on the doubtful spot and proved that it indeed was merely scarred tissue (from a previous lumpectomy) and nothing to be worried about at all. I'll wait for the official results in the mail.

yippy Pictures, Images and Photos



So yippy, I'm NOT dying or anything. It makes me ignore the fact that my hair is still falling at a hideously alarming rate for unkown reasons and despite delightfully NORMAL blood test results (so yes I still have that to wrestle with) -- deyyymmmm american shampoos y'all. But now, I'm all of a sudden lazy about pursuing my bucket list goals in life. Slowing down like I have so much time in my hands all over again and because my arse has just been spared from the ever-proverbial expiry date sticker. Exhausted? Tired? Or simply human?

Gosh, human...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails