Monday, July 06, 2009

OC

- a paid post at Coffee, anyone? -- advertising links deleted



Call me an obssessive-compulsive hygiene freak (note: it doesn't equate to neat and organized at all times *LOL*) but I like to be clean.  I'm not exactly a strict and dysfunctional germophobe but I always make sure that I clean myself all the time, brush my teeth, change my clothes...wait a minute, that's normal, that's standard for most of us.  The thing is, I have this issue about getting my feet dirty. I mean, I'm okay at the getting dirty part, just not go to bed with dirty feet.  I think I can go to bed without brushing my teeth (yeah, that's gross) but I'd tolerate that more than going to bed with dirty feet. Hahaha. 

To me, it's really okay to get dirty...I love dirty jobs, I don't mind soiling my hands.  As long as I go to bed fresh and clean even if I have to sleep only like 2 hours and wake up again.  I also hate going to bed in my day clothes or street clothes even if that was only to dive for a short rest. The rest of the house can get dirty for days and days, but just respect the bed!!!

And that's where hubby and I argue most of the time.  Men...He's not exactly a dirty filthy thing, but sometimes he'd hop on the bed wearing jeans that he'd worn during the day, and then I start imagining germs transferring to the bed after having travelled with him on his pants, especially the bottom part.  Eeeeks!

But eureka, I've recently found the psychological tactic that seems to be working so far...

Step 1: I told him after coming from this and that's house (and the hospital) that I was so positive they had mites on their couch. And that if he sat there, the mites probably started clinging on to his pants and then by sitting or laying down on our NEW bed, they will probably appreciate the move to the fresher home, thank him for the lift and probably start propagating on the mattress. 

Step 2: I had no chance for step 2.  He jumped out of the bed and stripped off his day clothes and took a shower, and never hopped on the bed with dirty clothes again.

Not an entirely different approach from educating 5 yr-olds!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails