Monday, March 10, 2008

Dingy

Dingy – a person of supreme idiocy









While it’s still fresh, I might as well talk about how I almost yanked my head off coming into the house.  Kidding -- no I’m not!  Last week, both of my hands were full of odds and ends (grocery bags, lunch box, work purse etc) which I wanted to superwoman my way lugging them all at one time to save multiple trips to the car. My motley of keys is strung together by a blue neckband and I decided to leave it strapped around my neck while unlocking our front door.  Normally, the repertoire of door-opening maneuvers concerning our front door would require steroid-aided STRENGTH (key in, twist to right, turn knob while applying pressure, push door with left shoulder—repeat if necessary; kick when desperate). That day since only my feet were free, I bent forward to insert the key and gave the door a powerful push with my foot (okay, “kick” was more like it). In an instant, the door SWUNG wide open in one very smooth sliding WOOSH! I forgot that hubby already fixed the hinges a few weeks back. And I forgot that my neck was still attached to the keys --and the doorknob.  I felt like a cartoon character.  The door pulled me into the house like an ultra-hospitable hostess at uber level, head first.





I’m dingy like that.







Let me tell you how last Thursday, I showed up for a Kaiser lab test appointment diligently early but in a different location. I even asked the lady at the desk, “Excuse me, where is the Gastroentorology department?” while showing her my appointment card.  The lady said “oh, it’s in Hayward , it should be in your card.” You bet it was! Good thing, Union City wasn’t too far.  We made it in time…hubby was driving for me (while I was driving him crazy).





I’m also dingy like that.







             There are other times though, I must admit that I just like to play “dingy”. Well, not really.  But being new when I just arrived in the US allowed me to enjoy that comfortable period where “not knowing or having little sometimes-funny-and-cute-sometimes-not-really-funny-at-all mistakes” is forgivable because I was wet-behind-the-ears-new at most things.  But I’m a little bit over that anxious “period of adjustment and ignorance”.  I realized I still like to ask questions and play innocent on some facts and issues. Like a sponge, I like to absorb information (and observe people). Plus I hate having to argue, so sometimes it’s better to play, let’s put it this way, “uninformed” hahaha *evil*  and subsequently cut discussions short (or whisk me off sticky situations without a sweat). That way too, it’s easy to distinguish who among the people I mingle with are genuinely brilliant and those who are pretending to be smart-wanting-to-ALWAYS-prove-they-know-something-smart-a$$es.  Most of the time, I see those who simply have a big heart trying to help a newbie out. So normally, my saying, “really is that so?” is my way of seeing who’s going to burst into a diarrhea of information that is simply a subliminal egotistic surge (this rewards me with good internal laughter) or who’s going to give me the “I-know-you-can-completely-grasp-so-this-is-gonna-be-brief” orientation on things (the real wise slice of the populace).





Maybe I’m a clever person pretending to be real dingy (that way, screw-ups ain’t obvious and penalizing).WHO DOESN'T WANT TO BE CUTE ONCE IN A WHILE??? HAHAHA OR…



Maybe I’m really one dingy life form disguised as a clever person who pretends to be dingy.



Sometimes, could be just plain apathetic.





I’m convoluted like that. We’ll never know. I don’t know? LOL.























No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails