Friday, January 04, 2008

Severe Weather Alert

319 PM PST THU JAN 3 2008



THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA HAS ISSUED AN



* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR SAN FRANCISCO ...SAN      



  MATEO... ALAMEDA ...CONTRA COSTA...SANTA CLARA...SANTA               



  CRUZ... MONTEREY AND SAN BENITO COUNTIES FOR FRIDAY AND FRIDAY      



  EVENING.



* VALID FROM 4 AM PST FRIDAY MORNING UNTIL 10 PM PST FRIDAY EVENING. \



...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS



AFTERNOON...





            It’s pouring today. Awesome bed weather! I wish I was home since work practically went dead after lunch.  It’s okay. Yesterday, I snuck up to my bed as soon as I got home while hubby was working late.  I had the bed all to myself, nice, soft and cool, turned the TV on and parked at a 90210 rerun.  I didn’t get into the story because Brandon, Dylan, Brenda and Kelly simply crossed over to my dreams (or their voices at least).





            The forecast says it’s still going to keep pouring.  It would be a bummer if it still rains tonight since I've got plans of seeing Eye-Eighty in concert at the Maxwell’s Lounge in Oakland . My sister-in-law had been talking about it for the past days.  Her husband’s second-cousin’s husband (my that’s long) is the lead singer of this new all-filipino R&B/Soul group here in Northern California .  I heard they’re really good. It took a while for my hubby to say yes (coz he’s more of a hip-hop fan) but he said yes anyway.  I hope we can still go. 





This crazy weather made me realize a couple of funny things about me.  First of all, I’m still a hard-core F.O.B!  Yesterday, I wore my new brown soft leather jacket, because it wasn’t raining yet when I was leaving for work.  I didn’t bring an umbrella either even if hubby’s last words before he took off was “Don’t forget your umbrella, it’s going to rain”.  It started drizzling in the afternoon and then I realized I should have brought my raincoat instead.  I cleverly shoehorned the leather jacket in a tiny stretched out plastic bag and carried it as I tippy-toed the puddles on the parking lot. Straight up “iskwating”, yo!





Second of all!!! I still don’t pay attention to weather forecasts! I usually forget to base my clothing decisions on it and well, I just still don’t believe or trust weather forecasts, period! After three decades of growing up with Philippines ’ PAG-ASA, my brain is not trained for basing my decisions on weather forecasts! Imagine having to go to school early, braving gusty winds and floodwaters under looming dark clouds, then sitting on your school desk sulking in your wet shoes and doing nothing but wonder when the weather bureau was gonna stop vacillating on whether to call classes off or not. Only to find out that you guys were going to be sent back home anyway except that it’s too late to go back home…the street is flooded, and traffic ain’t budging an inch. Or how about this: You wake up the next day to the sound of the AM radio announcer advising everyone to stay home as classes are still called off and the weather still bad.  So you go back to sleep, and wake up by lunchtime, only to find out that it has been really sunny and dry outside, the sun is shining-almost smiling- at you making you feel so darn guilty about not being in school and it’s not a weekend.  So tell me, I do have an excuse about not having my brain trained good, right!?!Weather





I was glued to the TV early this morning, paying close attention to the weather. I wore hubby's rain jacket which he said his ex-girlfriend used to borrow too (Sisterhood of the Travelling...Rain jacket")  and I put on my old Nikes. I think I’ll get used to it.  One thing that’s really nice though, is now, when I hear FLOOD, they mean 3 inches of water, not 3 feet.  I think I’m going to be okay.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails