Monday, January 28, 2008

Gratitude Weekend

             This weekend was fun, but real tiring.  Friday night, hubby and I went to…hold on, what did we do? Too much stuff going on the last couple of days gave me transient amnesia. Oh yeah, Friday.  I remember now.  I stayed home and hubby worked late on my “new-old” car.  It was raining real hard and I just warmed up all the leftovers for supper. Lazy a$$!



            Saturday, I went to our hula workshop to solidify my knowledge of the dance…March 1st is fast approaching! And it’s official, I’ll be performing in the show.  It feels kinda weird inviting people to watch since there’s a $30. fee, and I’m not sure if I’m worth 30 bucks!!! The others are anyway so…I’ll take the chance to invite some folks over. Hhmmmm, on second thought, maybe I’m worth 30 bucks…even for a laugh, lol.Thank



            The rest of the weekend was spent, as it unintentionally turned  out, “repaying” special people who have done so much good things for me.  It gives me a refresher course on generosity and initiative --something I need some work on, especially the latter.



I got paid last Friday so I took hubby out for some sushi and shopping!  I’ve been craving for Lion King (Baked California Roll topped with Salmon and Fish Roe …yummm!) and Crispy Roll (Deep-fried battered sushi…yum-yum!) for the past weeks anyway. I was just so pleased to see hubby give me that little-boy-look, a pair of pants and a shirt in hand, saying “Can I get these?” and I looked and said “Yes! I love the color!” (even if it seemed like the same color as the rest of his wardrobe) and then I went ahead and paid for it. So…this is what he always felt like (shopping for me and stuff)! Sweetheart!



            Then we took my hubby’s cousin, Captain P, around or wherever he wanted (just the mall, actually),  He’s an international pilot who flies here to California about three times a month.  He gave me a 2008 Starbucks planner from the Philippines , woohoo!  Eversince I moved to the U.S. , I‘ve stopped dreaming of filling up a Starbucks planner, which I’ve always had in the past, but they don’t have it over here!  That melted my heart since you have to get a frequency card all stamped-out in order to get one.  Imagine that caffeine overload!!!



            Lastly, I bought perfumes for my mom and dad to send through Captain P.  Mom’s was a belated birthday present, and dad’s was an advanced birthday present.  My parents have been so busy during the holidays and were also hit by an avalanche of holidays and fiesta expenses, but they didn’t miss on sending me something for my birthday last December.  Compared to the 2006 birthday present I got which was a $400.-worth fully loaded Magic Sing Duet Karaoke microphone (ofcourse, every pinoy in the US of A should have one!), they sent me one silver-colored plastic bracelet/bangle (gilded with glitters) which my mom wrapped in clear plastic that she sealed with a masking tape and where she wrote over “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ate! Love, Mommy and Daddy”.  It might not be worth a fortune but receiving it warmed me up all over…perhaps a gazillion times greater than the microphone ever did. They didn’t have enough time to find something, and perhaps didn’t even have enough on the budget to buy me the world BUT it’s something worth far more than all the presents in the world put together.  I’m ditching my Chanel bangle for it.  I hope my perfumes will make them smile.  Their birthday gift hugs my right wrist snugly most days now. It’s a constant reminder of their love for me.  It also reminds me how much they are aching for mine. I’m happy, so ever grateful, and proud!



Thank_u_languages



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails