Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Phone Tag

CellphoneJust funny. One time, my cuz-in-law in LA and I played phone tag all day.  She tried to reach me but I didn't hear my cellphone so I called back and she didn't hear hers, and so she called back. And I didn't hear it again.  This happens to me a lot.  I think I'm now branded as someone who doesn't pick up.  But at least I try to call back right away.  I think that makes a difference.  Well, uhrm uhrm, sometimes it takes time...but that's because I'm flighty.  I have one thousand and one thoughts happening all at the same time inside my head all the time I should tie each one to a string to keep track...But then, it will all be one humongous tangled-up web. LOL.  So, anyways, back to this phone thingy. (I hate it when I say thingy, I'm someone who wants to be more precise with my words...oh well, where was I again???) See.  Well, yesterday, I changed my ringing style after my sister complained about it, just when I was so totally clueless, really!  I changed it back to this freaking RRRRRING-RRRRRRRING with vibrate mode. The classic one.  But my phone only has this irritating high-pitched version.  So, there it is.  This morning, my phone rang.  And I didn't pick it up because I thought it was someone else's mobile ringing. (Actually, for a split second there I thought there was a new house phone installed at home and I was like...how did I not know about that???). Duh!!!  Maybe I should just wear my cellphone around my neck, or better yet, let it hang from one of my earrings...or strap it around my forehead or in between my eyes so I hear every freaking ring. Or maybe super-glue the phone to my palm so it will be some kind of mutant alien siamese twin that goes wherever I go, or washes whatever I wash (LOL)...Do I have to bring it everytime I need to go to the bathroom too? Or should I get a water-proof thingy (thingy, there it goes again...) to bring inside the Cellphonesallyshower or have a waterproof phone you can flip over to double as a loofa scrubber as well, so I can pick up a call anytime? (Okay now, if that gets invented, remember that I thought about that first!) Or how about a knife with a keypad so I can pick up a call as I slice off some fat from a slab of pork? Down, boy, down, boy, I'm getting too excited now.



How come in the past, when things were much simpler, this was never an issue? Tell me...









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails