Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dancing Queen

Going home last night, hubby played this really great hiphop song in the car and I started dancing in my head. Yes! Dancing in my head. I do that a lot. Can't help it.  I hear dance music and I close my eyes and see myself dancing.  Which of course gives me this crazy little delusion that I'm J-Lo's long lost twin. I mean, well, I do dance. I know how and I have a good sense of rhythm. I can prettJloy much do a variety of steps and can catch up pretty fast.  I've performed a lot too. I even have this necklace that says "Dancing Queen" (aaah sweet!!!)...Dancing is my happiness. It gives more life to my life! But... this dancing in my head thing? Okay, I can do pirouettes and splits and those back-breaking back bends --IN MY HEAD.  I've got this illusion of me frozen from the past (and one thousand or so pounds ago) when I could still do them. Until I saw myself in the mirror doing the actual thing.  REALITY BITES. Darn. First of all, why did that remind me of Sesame Street's Big Bird dancing to "Sunny Day" - remember that theme song? I like to make fun of myself, but this one is...well, uhm, kind of truthful, y'know! (No wonder hubby sometimes hums the song "Watch it wiggle" from this Jello commercial.) Secondly, I realize I need more floor space for those twirls, space kicks and turns now, so I don't bump into or knock down walls (size and motion...you do the math!). I knew it, I should have taken it seriously when the doctor said that I have my pregnancy weight...without the baby. *SIGH*  I still refuse to let go of the Dancing Queen throne.  And I know dancing in my head won't burn any calories either. It's really time to hit the gymn...(*SIGH* again)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails