Monday, October 09, 2006

Oh Yeah, Huh!!!

        Writing my previous blog and reading it again the second time reminded me of something good I picked up early this year. 



        Christmas '05, I religiously attended all nine mornings of the Simbang Gabi starting on my birthday (the 16th) and culminating on Christmas Eve.  They said one can make a prayer wish and if you don't miss a day (with waking up before 4am just to make it to the early mass being part of the package---why is it so early anywayz???), your wish will come true. That was my first time to complete all nine. Good job, gurl!!!



        My wish, ofcourse, was for Al and I to have our own baby soon.



        I regularly stayed on one spot with my mom each morning. There was a bunch of familiar faces in the church who stayed in the same area as we did and we would call each other "classmate".  One guy there was Noel.  He is my cousin's friend and I was acquainted with him since gradeschool although we were never really close. 



        A few months after Christmas (early this year), I bumped into Noel at Starbucks.  He said "Hey, Clarisse, my prayer wish already came true!". To which I replied, "WELL, MINE DID NOT!".



        And you know what he said?  "Why, does it have to be now-NOW? In your own time table? Why...you actually gave God a deadline?"



        Oh yeah, huh! Now that I'm 12 weeks pregnant and showing a tiny bump, I realize how awfully wrong and clueless I was still about many things. Now I know better.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails