Friday, November 25, 2005

Tough cookies don't crumble...

Lately, life has posed a lot of nerve-wracking challenges for me, which threw me into a rollercoaster of emotional ups and downs.  I'm not about to go through the nitty-gritty details of my life (as always...you know how much I abhor gossip), but what I do want to say is that I think I'm coming out tougher than ever.  And to think I have always thought I can already give Andres Bonifacio a run for his money! My friends always said I am a tough cookie.  I'm just happy to have finally proven that, once again.  Maybe it's my infectious optimism about life, or my Brady Bunch family tree, or just pure luck.  Or well, maybe, it's what I have learned in stick-fighting / Arnis...the stronger you blow, the more painful the hand feels, but eventually it goes away, and if you just keep fighting, it will be all worth it. I'm just happy with myself.  I'm happy with the journey God blesses me with.  My heart is overflowing with love.  And I can laugh and play and dance whenever I please.   But it sure doesn't take away the fact that things are making me tougher than I already am.  I remembered my favorite line in A Few Good Men, as said by Colonel Jessep (Jack Nicholson)... ''I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge, and make me nervous.''  Why did I put that here?  Simply because that is soooo ME!







 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails