Thursday, November 08, 2012

Reality Check. Perfect Timing.

"The great Sufi poet and philosopher Rumi once advised his students to write down the three things they most wanted in life. If any item on the list clashes with any other item, Rumi warned, you are destined for unhappiness. Better to live a life of single-pointed focus, he taught. But what about the benefits of living harmoniously among extremes? What if you could somehow create an expansive enough life that you could synchronize seemingly incongruous opposites into a worldview that excludes nothing?" — Elizabeth Gilbert


3 comments:

. said...

Hi Clarisse. Me again. My Bravenet name was Reviewer11, I don't know if you remember. You helped me with some words I was searching for in Hawaiian. I'm really grateful for your help. :)

I see you have a lot of blogs. Is this one your main one? If so, I will comment here. :)

~ "C" said...

Hilda aka Reviewer!!!!!!!!! Of course I remember you. It was actually only a few weeks ago when I started getting all sentimental and wishing to connect with fellow bloggers I've networked with during the peak of my Coffee, Anyone blog! I'm so happy to be in touch with you. Thanks for dropping by my blog. And yes, Sublime Spirit (http://www.missclarisse.com) is officially my main site. Not that I've been updating it with special posts lately...I've been spreading myself thinly with so much to to these days...and most of them do not have anything to do with the internet! I'm so happy that you published your book. And I'm looking forward for more to come. Keep in touch! I've been trying to get back into blogging regularly. 2013, baby!

. said...

Aw thanks Clarisse! No problem, I understand. Any plans for Christmas?

Related Posts with Thumbnails