Friday, May 15, 2009

More Catching Up!!!

Told ya hubby was coming home already! And so I didn't have the chance to put up all the posts I wanted to copy from my Coffee, Anyone site. I heard the garage door go up and just saved my work.

He didn't bring pizza this time so I proceeded to making some dinner as I didn't want to make hubby wait.  Why? I don't like him making me wait either. As simple as that. And so I made quick refrigerator concoctions with soft corn tortillas. A set of turkey slices, salad greens, cheese and wasabi mayonnaise in rolled corn tortillas. Then another set of hot and spicy chicken tenders (cooked from frozen), salad greens and ranch dressing.  Voila! That's our dinner. We ate them in front of the television because this is our movie night! I still have half a roll to deal with and hubby's not taking no for an answer.

And so I'm blogging while he finishes this gory movie I can't even look at (so much more eat my dinner at the same time!). I'll wait for the next movie.

So, while I'm at it, here are a few more posts...

TGIF  5-08-09

And so I got a lot of compliments at work today...for being cute wearing a purple and black checkered summer dress and a cardigan. I was not trying to be cute. In fact that was the last thing on my mind. I was just trying to be CLEAN.  Why, you ask? Because most of my jeans and slacks (at least those that still fit anyway) are on the dirty laundry hamper awaiting the weekend for the glorious Downy-infused bubbly spin in my washing machine. Unwearable for now, unless I suddenly decide to give the skunk a run for its money. I'm close to turning the closets inside out because of the busy couple of weeks I've just wriggled from. I came out of it sane and smiling so I can't complain.  I didn't hear a single complaint from THE HUSBAND either...even if I would find him wearing his nice party shirts to bed, for lack of available PJs in his drawers.

I am invoking the spirit of a warm, peaceful and activity-free weekend. I'm doing the incantations right now, can you hear it? Just kidding.

I'm eating lunch right now. It's the left-over spaghetti I made for hubby last night.

As you can see, this is random. I'm just writing as unpredictably as my thoughts go.

Oh, hair! I sort of promised my head that I'll get some weight off it by having my lengths chopped off after the hula show, maybe a couple of inches, maybe more. I will accomplish that this weekend. I need a serious makeover. I'll probably try to sport some salon-cut bangs too. Hopefully it will be different this time since I normally cut them myself when I'm bored. I'll probably have my highlights re-done too since the last one I had was last year. Only if my Vietnamese stylist decides to be generous as I am not willing to spend a fortune at this point. I've even tried uploading my photo on virtual hairstyle sites. I've found a few that suit me, but truthfully, they are really only good for a day, you know.  You step out of the salon as the celeb you've always wanted to look like, but then reality will bite you hard after your first shower. So, try not to take a shower for as long as you can to get your money's worth. *LOL*

Hmm. That ought to pass as my Word of Wisdom for the day. What a floppin' failure...

So anyway, obviously I don't know how to end this post. But since we are in the topic of vanity...

I hope my co-worker (the one who spends one grand per year on eyelashes) doesn't ask me for a ride home today, because I'm not giving her any. I used to let her hitch a ride with me because I felt sorry for her that she's a single mom with a teenaged daughter and it would cost a lot to bring her old car back to running shape. But not anymore. Not when I found out last week from a little birdie that the reason why she's not getting her car fixed or at least buying a cheap used one (cars are necessary here in America for you to function as a useful working adult, Miss Eyelashes!) is because she is going to have a liposuction procedure done in June so she can party in a two-piece with her friends in Georgia this summer. Now that's messed up. It doesn't surprise me, I thought one grand per year on eyelashes is a warning sign enough of screwed up priorities, especially if you're trying to live off other people's time, mileage and gas. And most especially at this time when the homeless and hungry populace is burgeoning into galactic proportions.

Or maybe I'm just jealous of the liposuction.  *duh*

---


B.O.  5-12-09


I have B.O. -- not the stinky one.  LOL. I think I am slightly "Burned Out" over everything in general these days. First of, my blog muse has been eluding me lately. I can't think of anything to write about and I can't even be as spontaneous as I am usually with my writing. You know, usually I'll just log in sans any idea what to say and then words would just pour as naturally as rain in a vessel that would magically transform my thoughts, feelings and even my usually incoherent babble into a concoction that makes sense, however little.



Then the laundry! You'd think I would have been able to do that already since I have been complaining about it in my posts the past couple of weeks. NO! I haven't done it either. Blame it on the non-stop activities last weekend. At this point, I just feel like forever-vegetating and staring at the wall at every given free time. Blame it on the hormones too. It's highly likely...

Because I haven't been blogging on coffee breaks and lunch breaks either!!! What do I do? I take off my shoes (ballet flats lately-- with the heels taking an indefinite hiatus from my regular garb) and then walk barefoot around my cube, even once or twice going as far as the xerox machine without shoes on (how barbaric!), then I pour ice over my half a cup of hot-morning-coffee-gone-cold-after-two-hours-of-sitting-on-my-desk so I can enjoy it on the rocks -- giving the caffeine fix its second life. I sit back, relax, put on my reading glasses and read ghost stories online. I'm hooked.

Last night, after a bazillion errands at South Shore (post office, bank yada yada) and an unspectacular haircut, I chose to be catatonic on our couch, with a bowl of leftover chinese sticky rice with chinese sausages on my chest and launched into a movie marathon with hubby.  Thank God it is sort of "fixed" now, hopefully not temporarily anymore. I've been blabbering incessantly about our TV problems and satellite issues in this blog too for the past six months now. It turns out, one of the MAJOR things we needed to do was prune the tree on our sideyard that's knocking our dishes off the alignment with their coordinates everytime the wind blows hard. And it usually does since our house faces the San Francisco bay and sits just a little more than two miles away from the water with that expanse consisting of marshes, trails, a reserve sanctuary for some endangered species I've never heard of (and we pay 30 bucks a month for to help protect them) and NO HOUSES at all.

So, online Ghost Stories and the highly interesting, entertaining and engaging (despite one's burnout) shows satellite are tiding me over this pitiful state of weariness these days.

Or is it just my way of justifying my swelling indolence and sloth? (read: L-A-Z-Y)  

---



BURGER KING  5-14-09

We just had a very scrumptious supper. At home, not at Burger King. I cooked Carne Asada and some corn and we threw in some homemade spicy salsa from hubby's aunt. Scrumptious. I made sure to take my Fish Oil pills. Although it will not directly wash out the sinful indulgence that we just succumbed to, at least it's one way of taking the guilt from such cholesterol-building treat. Anyway, the meal was a far cry from what I ate last night. I went to Burger King, which is starting to be a routine on wednesday nights now since I started enjoying my window of solitude between work and hula class. I'd usually head to South Shore instead of home and wait for class time there because it's more practical. Sometimes I'd go window-shopping or catch up on some groceries but it all boils down to sitting by myself inside Burger King, eating a quick dinner (food I'm already getting tired of) so I can just chill and watch people in the remaining time (something I'm NOT getting tired of).

Last night, it was an old couple that caught my attention.  They didn't seem to belong the high-income slice of the population but they certainly were very decent, notwithstanding the old lady's worn-out sandals, her white purse, a faded yellow cardigan and the old man's clothes and loafers.  I worried for them. Are they feeling the pinch of the economy too? I wonder how their home looks like. Do they come to Burger King a lot? Was it a date? Where are they going? Do they have children who can take care of them? Do they have enough money? Do they have enough stashed away for their remaining future? Investments? Are they still affectionate to each other? Do they ever fight?

All those questions because only a few days ago, hubby and I were at Burger King when we had to get something to tide us over while waiting for our salon appointment. I wonder how we looked like to other people. Do they ever wonder about our situation in life too and our relationship? Sometimes, I wonder what our future will bring.

Definitely, I want us to grow old like the old couple at Burger King. Together, for better or for worse, scrumptious dinner or not.


---


Catching up accomplished!


So, I'm logging off now to bond with hubby. His gory movie's done.


A light one is comin' right up!


 


Toodles!


 


IT'S COUPLE TIME!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails