Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What Joy!

-written 01/14/09-


Tomorrow, the 15th, marks the last day of the first half of the first month of this year.  Ahhh DAYS... they should get a speeding ticket too you know!



I finally received my speeding citation in the mail today. The fine has to be paid by March 3rd. That sets me back by $ 200. (yes, $200. unless I go to court)  in the blog fund which I'm raising to buy a plane ticket to PI for Christmas Oh Nine.

C'est la vie...

There's still an abundance of things to be thankful for and it's only the midweek! While hubby is vegetating on the bed watching a feature on some colossal crustaceans on TV, I'm nursing sore muscles which have been dormant for quite a while until tonight's hula class. Hurting, but it's all good. Our kumu and alaka'i embraced me back to the halau. Some dances came back to me as I did them with the rest and it's almost as if I never left. I'm overjoyed because I realized that I (or THE good ol' reliable booty rather) can still keep up with rigid tahitian routines and I managed to go all the way down to the floor and back up while doing some mean hip-swaying antics ("tamau" in hula jargon) and without having to dial 911 thereafter.


Hubby and I decided together that I'm going to pursue this passion for as long as I can while we're not blessed with a baby yet. He's a supportive and happy "hula husband" (you should see the others...some of them wait and watch by the glass window as if we are their 5-yr old offsprings on the first ballet class). Hubby volunteered to drive for me too since we live about 15 miles farther from the studio now and we get off pretty late. That works for both of us because it gives him a chance to get ahead with his own errands while I dance the night away,  tonight being a trip to Best Buy to get a bigger memory for his laptop. Then we had a late dinner at Junk Jack in the Box. We shouldn't make that a habit.



Friday night will be the general rehearsal for a different dance I'm doing with a different group. It's this affair called "Fiesta Filipino" on Saturday where we'll be doing the filipino folkdance called "Subli". 

Saturday will be a mad rush. The TV guy's coming early morning to work on our system for the third time. That one's for hubby-- he treats TV watching like a serious career.  I'll let him handle that while I catch up with the laundry -- 6 more thick blankets to wash...a residual chore from the teen sleepovers we hosted a lot of during the holidays. Then off we go to the Fiesta in Fremont.

Sunday, we're going to church and hit the gunshow in SF right after.  I love gunshows not only because hubby and I go to the target range to shoot once in a while, but because I noticed that their current marketing strategy is having merchandise booths to lure the wives -- jewelry, trinkets and other thingamabobs.  I tag along too just to make sure hubby doesn't overspend on ammos (I'm being mean again).

So yeah, we're pretty much busy at the start of the year still...but shall I say, busy with wonderful things so far so we're making some progress nonetheless.

I was just thinking...

Why do we have to end up straining so hard to ponder the meaning of life, when it is right under our nose happening every moment, each passing day?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails