Monday, September 22, 2008

Wifeyteria Chronicles: On the (W)edge of Entertaining



My apologies for not having shared any profound nor helpful thoughts lately! My head is still sunken deep into this house-decorating madness hole. I feel like my spirit has gone into deep slumber.  Of late, it is still floating blissfully in a state of quiescence while my gregarious side is preoccupied channeling HGTV's David Bromstad and/or The Barefoot Contessa.

Lo and behold, my hubby is turning into an interior decorator himself, although his inputs radiate a little college-dormy feel...hmmm...okay, A for "A"ffort.  I can't wait to go ahead and tackle our patio project (the patio set, the firepit, some tiki torches and wrought-iron tea light holders on the fences, some reggae, a lot of dancing and the 3 M's of my dark side: Margarita, Mojitos, Mimosa (no other M's alright!)...I'm gushing again. We haven't even gotten fully organized indoors yet.  I just ordered some tiles with distressed prints of old Tuscan Wine labels. Hopefully their look and quality are as good as they seem on my computer screen.  Sometimes though, just like people, photos or first impressions can be deceiving.  Well, there's only one way to find out. I'll keep you posted on this one. I really fell in love with these!



 

We've been having so many guests lately (family and friends in batches) and my kitchen and hubby's new grill have been smokin' with great flavors lately.  One thing that I learned from an aunt regarding entertaining is, to have a repertoire of easy but delightful and seemingly fancy dishes that you do best and just keep serving it over and over again to different AND UNRELATED groups of people. 

Because of our flurry of activities lately, I needed some real easy foolproof components that I can buy in bulk and that's kind to the pocket too.  Here's one as suggested by my cousin and courtesy of Paula Deen's Home Cooking:

THE WEDGE SALAD

1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters
Blue cheese dressing
1 tomato, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled



On each salad plate, place 1 wedge of lettuce turned on its side. Pour blue cheese dressing on wedge. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions, crumbled blue cheese, and crumbled bacon.

 
Such a breeze!! It's having it's fourth reprise co-starring with hubby's smoked tri-tip this weekend.  I'll just change the repertoire as soon as the dust settles and my head clears. Good thing we never get sick of it!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails